Producers Offer Update on Xombie Adaptation

default-featured-image

To say that we are fans of James Farr’s flash / comic sensation Xombie around the Dread Central offices is a bit of an understatement. Simply put, it was friggin’ brilliant, and if you dug it as much as we did, then you, too, are probably jazzed about the upcoming adaptation. Speaking of which …

Bloody Disgusting recently caught up with producers Alex Kurtzman and Robert Orci (Transformers, Star Trek), and the duo had plenty to say regarding the project.

“We have set our targets on a writer who we really like who’s got a great take on it, and that’s a matter of going in and pitching it over to our friends at the studio and having them pay the guy,” the duo tells BD. “If you read the comic, there is something unique about it terms of the fact that the zombie in a sense is a protagonist in it. And the idea of finding a humanity [in a zombie] is the opposite of any kind of zombie movie that we’ve ever seen and that’s what attracted us to it … I think it’ll be [set in] present day. So think of it as not un-fun, but I think there’s a grittiness to the comic that we wanna preserve … but I don’t wanna commit our writer to too much until he actually writes it.

Hit up the above linkage for more.

Xombie (flash comic DVD review here) is based on a Devil’s Due comic book by James Farr, itself based on his online animated series. Farr’s creation centers on a zombie cop named Dirge who attempts to saves humanity’s remnants, particularly a young girl named Zoe, from evil zombies.

Uncle Creepy

VISIT THE EVILSHOP @ AMAZON!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Defend the dead in the Dread Central forums!

Image Type 1:

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized