PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:53 am  Reply with quote

HOT DAMN!
Sirand
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:52 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Wow....

Shocked

Messiahman wrote:
I'll go you one further. Since the ep actually ended on the flashforward (which, judging from Jack's RAZR phone, is right NOW) what if the flashforward and Jack's search for the island actually becomes the "A" story? It'd be damned interesting to see the characters as they are NOW off the island and then flash back to what happened during their last moments there as well as flashback to how all their lives have crumbled since they returned home while in the present day seeing them all realize that have to return. If it was truly their destiny to be on the island, then by leaving early, wouldn't they then be "lost" back in the real world? It would keep with the theme of the show, having them all desperately trying to find their way back.

And...did anyone get left behind after the rescue? If so, what happened to them in the intervening three years? Did anyone go native?

There are a ton of story possibilities with that. Yes, it's risky, but this writing staff has proven itself up to the task.

I feel the exact same way.

I think by making the call, they were rescued. Just like Desmond's prediction.

I think its obvious where the fourth season is headed. I think it will jump between the survivors in the real world and those left on the island, with the flashbacks being what occured during those three years. How stunning will that be? The quest to get BACK to the island!

Oh, the possibilities!

As for the funeral, it's most definately Ben. He died of his cancer and with him goes Jack's chances of getting back to the island.

What an episode! I saw the "flash future" thing coming...but I'll be damned if it wasn't handled to perfection.

This show is absolutely fucking amazing. Everyone who tuned out is now eating crow.

R.I.P. Charlie
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:32 am  Reply with quote

Sirand wrote:

This show is absolutely fucking amazing. Everyone who tuned out is now eating crow.

I doubt it...They would be even more pissed...We got few answers and WAY more questions...
Richard Bastard
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:46 pm  Reply with quote

Messiahman wrote:
Didn't See It Coming wrote:
I'm pretty sure everything from now on is going to be a flash forward...Which is cool, but risky as fuck at the same time...

I'll go you one further. Since the ep actually ended on the flashforward (which, judging from Jack's RAZR phone, is right NOW) what if the flashforward and Jack's search for the island actually becomes the "A" story?

wow... great idea. really great. This episode made me laugh a ton, mainly 'cause Jack as a drunk is hilarious to me. Loved the beard. Who is Kate married to? Sawyer, I hope? or was that HIS funeral and he and Kate had a falling out? and GO HURLEY, and GO CHARLIE! fuck yeah. and Ben deserved to have the shit beat out of him. is he incapable of just telling people what the fuck is going on and just HAS to manipulate? what the fuck is HIS damage? I mean, I saw his flashback episode, but c'mon already, stop being a dick.
EvilRex
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:01 pm  Reply with quote

I can't say anything about how fucking great this finale was that hasn't been said.

DSIC and MM, you both have awesome ideas on where the narrative is heading. I can see it happening as well because I think Cuse and Lindlehoff know that Lost isn't going to gain any new viewers in the last two seasons and the faithful who have stuck it out this long aren't going anywhere. LOST has a comfortable lower top 20 in the ratings and it isn't looking to go up or down.

I can't wait to see the story behind Locke and Walt. My guess is that it's really Jacob using Walt's persona to communicate with Locke.

And I'm with you, DSIC, I can't wait to learn why Mikhail seems to have the uncanny ability to come back from the dead.
Messiahman
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:16 am  Reply with quote

I'm convinced that Mikhail is a darkly humorous nod to Rasputin.
Messiahman
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:14 am  Reply with quote

A couple of interesting tidbits. The name of the funeral home that Jack stopped at was Hoffs/Drawlar -- which is an anagram for "Flash Forward." Neat.

And I'm positive now that I know EXACTLY who it was that died. Here's what the episode tells us: the funeral was in an African-American part of town, the newspaper clipping of the death stated that the person, a New York resident, was found hanging in his loft, and when Jack tells Kate he thought she might be there, she says "Why would I?"

The funeral was for Michael, the man who betrayed his fellow castaways, murdered two of them, and then willingly left the rest of them behind. Consumed with guilt over what he did, Michael, a construction engineer from New York, committed suicide. No one was at the funeral because he has no family other than Walt, who it seems has somehow made it back to the island. And Kate is right -- why would she attend the sonofabitch's funeral after what he had done?
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:50 am  Reply with quote

http://bp0.blogger.com/_8HhjIy50yEY/RlUOKWnofdI/AAAAAAAAALw/2oyx2_B2Wq4/s1600-h/a04.1-full.JPG Shot of the newspaper clip, it appears the name of whoever died is A. a man and name begins with a J. Also looking back at the ep, the casket was rather short...
Messiahman
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:34 am  Reply with quote

Easily answered. Michael changed his name. The casket wasn't really that short and just seemed like a small, cheap coffin.

From Lostpedia, here's what could be made out of the article:

"Los Angeles
Man found dead in
downtown loft

"The body of Jo...''[unreadable]''...ntham of
New York was discovered shortly after 4
a.m. in the...''[unreadable]''...of Grand
Avenue. Ted...''[unreadable]''...man at The
Tower...''[unreadable]''...heard loud
noises...''[unreadable]''...antham's loft.
''[unreadable]''... [sa]fety, he
''[unreadable]''...discovered the
''[unreadable]''...a beam in the
''[unreadable]''...[ac]cordin[g]...''[unreadable]''..."

With some extrapolation, the second paragraph of the article can be read as describing a suicide: "Ted somebody, a watchman at The Tower, claims that he heard loud noises coming from the victim's loft. Concerned for the (resident's) safety, he entered the loft and discovered the body hanging from a beam in the ???room." The "loud noises" hint that it may not have been an actual suicide, but rather a murder staged to look like a suicide.

It's Michael. I'll bet green money on it.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:38 am  Reply with quote

If you're going by changed names it could even be John Locke...I doubt it, but still.
Messiahman
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:47 am  Reply with quote

If you're going by changed names it could even be John Locke...I doubt it, but still.

It's not just the changed name. Everything else fits. Locke would NEVER leave the island. He'd let the others go, but he'd stay behind. That's been built into his character from Day One.

Nor would he have his funerary services held in an African-American section of town. Locke's out.

Simple deductive reasoning points firmly at Michael. It fits perfectly, and it also ties up that story thread.
reno
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:14 am  Reply with quote

Messiahman wrote:

It's not just the changed name. Everything else fits. Locke would NEVER leave the island. He'd let the others go, but he'd stay behind. That's been built into his character from Day One.

Nor would he have his funerary services held in an African-American section of town. Locke's out.

Simple deductive reasoning points firmly at Michael. It fits perfectly, and it also ties up that story thread.

aslo would fit with jack's guilt.
he didnt really betrayed or killed his friends directly but he alloweed them to did so the rest could leave the island.
Messiahman
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:31 pm  Reply with quote

By the way, in the episode where Micahel signs Walt away, his first name is stated as Jonathan.

Once again, there is no other option but Michael.
VideoNasty
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:25 pm  Reply with quote

Interesting.

Link: http://nikkistafford.blogspot.com/

Quote:
"The body of John Lantham of New York was found shortly after 4 am in the 4300 block of Grand Avenue. Ted Worden, a doorman at the Tower Lofts complex, heard loud noises coming from the victim's loft. Concerned for tenants' safety, he entered the loft and found the body hanging from a beam in the living room. According to Jaime Ortiz, a police spokesman, the incident was deemed a suicide after medical tests. Latham (sic) is survived by one teenaged son. Memorial services will be held at the Hoffs-Drawlar Funeral Home tomorrow evening."

That only sounds like one person.
Freeze frame gonna drive you insane
Messiahman
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:53 pm  Reply with quote

Adios, Michael. It was nice knowing you.