Sam Raimi Off to See the Wizard in Oz: The Great and Powerful?

default-featured-image

When was the last time you watched the 1939 classic The Wizard of Oz? As a kid I adored the movie. As a teenager I got really stoned while listening to Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon as its soundtrack. Now, as an adult it officially scares the hell out of me. Oh, how times change. Could those scares transfer over to its prequel? How about if Sam Raimi is at the helm?

Variety reports that Raimi is circling the Wizard prequel, Oz: The Great and Powerful, which as of now has Robert Downey, Jr., unofficially attached to play the snake oil salesman himself.

The Disney flick tells the story of a circus wrangler who is transported via tornado to the mysterious land of Oz, where he is mistaken for an all-knowing wizard. Word around the industry is that the script balances character, levity, and scares.

We’ll see just how scary things turn out. We’re guessing timid, but hey, you never know. Don’t expect regular coverage, if any at all, but if we hear something cool pertaining to the genre, we’ll let ya know!

Sam Raimi (click for larger image)

Uncle Creepy

VISIT THE EVILSHOP @ AMAZON!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
See the wizard in the Dread Central forums!

Image Type 1:

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized