Motion Picture Purgatory: Leslie, My Name Is Evil

default-featured-image

Everybody grab your copy of the Beatles’ White Album, light some incense, and go helter skelter over Trembles’ review this week of Leslie, My Name Is Evil starring Kristen Hager as Leslie Van Houten, a member of the infamous Manson Family.

Synopsis:
Perry, a sheltered chemist, falls in love with Leslie, a former homecoming princess, when he is selected to be a jury member at her hippie death cult murder trial. Perry has always done what is expected of him. He was a straight-A student who got a good job at a chemical company and proposed to his Christian girlfriend, Dorothy. Leslie took a different path after she was traumatized by Kennedy’s assassination, an abortion, and the divorce of her parents. She took LSD, joined a hippie death cult, and helped murder a God-fearing citizen in her own home. When Perry and Leslie lock eyes in court, Perry is forced to confront the darkest parts of himself and, by extension, society. Leslie, My Name Is Evil is a film that explores how the choices Perry and Leslie make reflect upon the moral choices our society has made.

“Sorry is just a five-letter word” –Leslie Van Houten

Rick Trembles' Leslie, My Name Is Evil review!

Discuss Motion Picture Purgatory in the Dread Central forums!

Image Type 1:

Share: 

Categorized:Uncategorized