FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews


Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Forums Index -> Best-cellars -> Comics Comics Comics!
pooflingerus
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:15 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 878

Seeing as there's so much love for "The Boys" has anyone here read the Ghost Rider minis by Ennis? I really liked "The Road to Damnation" but the new one "Trail of Tears" is already much better.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Buz
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:26 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff


Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Posts: 3590
Location: Cow Palace.

Anything Ennis touches is gold.
_________________
Insert that one line from that one movie from that one actor here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
conundrum
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:49 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1022
Location: On... teh INTERWEB!!1!

Anyone pick up "Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness"? This book is simply awesome. I have loved the Marvel Zombies since they started in "Ultimate Fantastic 4" (which incidentally also got me into that book) and this really is a great continuation of the story. Or beginning as it were. I feel like it is hitting all of the right notes and getting back to that feeling of helplessness from "UFF" while still keeping in the comedy of books like "Army of Darkness" and "Marvel Zombies."

I also got "Fall of Cthulhu" #0 which is pretty entertaining even if it is playing around with the mythos a bit (Abdul Alhazred was torn apart by an invisible demon in front of a crowd of people as I recall, not abducted by a cult). It looks like if nothing else it will be an interesting read and I did like Boom!'s "Cthulhu Tales."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Samhain
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:52 pm  Reply with quote
Glory Hole


Joined: 28 Jun 2006
Posts: 6893
Location: Connecticut

Atomic_Ilk wrote:
Anything Ennis touches is gold.


He touched me once. Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Richard Bastard
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:37 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 3690
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Richard Sala's "The Grave Robber's Daughter" is excellent
_________________
mods, kindly delete my account
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
lostphrack
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:14 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 01 Jul 2006
Posts: 86
Location: New England

conundrum wrote:
I also got "Fall of Cthulhu" #0 which is pretty entertaining even if it is playing around with the mythos a bit (Abdul Alhazred was torn apart by an invisible demon in front of a crowd of people as I recall, not abducted by a cult). It looks like if nothing else it will be an interesting read and I did like Boom!'s "Cthulhu Tales."


I did enjoy the first Cthulhu Tales book, never got around to picking up the second though. I had heard some mixed things about it not to long ago, I still hope to pick it up at some point down the line. Who's writing the Fall of Cthulhu series? I flipped through the book in the store but couldn't find a credits page or anything.
_________________
~Ken
LostPhrack's Livejournal - Randomness from yours truly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
conundrum
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:45 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1022
Location: On... teh INTERWEB!!1!

lostphrack wrote:
conundrum wrote:
I also got "Fall of Cthulhu" #0 which is pretty entertaining even if it is playing around with the mythos a bit (Abdul Alhazred was torn apart by an invisible demon in front of a crowd of people as I recall, not abducted by a cult). It looks like if nothing else it will be an interesting read and I did like Boom!'s "Cthulhu Tales."


I did enjoy the first Cthulhu Tales book, never got around to picking up the second though. I had heard some mixed things about it not to long ago, I still hope to pick it up at some point down the line. Who's writing the Fall of Cthulhu series? I flipped through the book in the store but couldn't find a credits page or anything.


I cannot find credit for #0, but the previews page says 1 and 2 are written by Steven Grant.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lostphrack
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:52 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 01 Jul 2006
Posts: 86
Location: New England

Picked up the final volume of Mail this week. Really loved the series. It's a three volume manga focusing on a detective who can see ghosts and the various jobs he undertakes involving them. Usually he exorcises them with his holy gun, which sounds a lot dirtier than it is, but there are some other twists and turns throughout.

But yeah.. it's basically three volumes of unconnected ghost stories with some gorgeous art from Housui Yamazaki, who also happens to the be the artist of Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service.

Annnnd... in case anyone's interested or they forgot.. Saturday (May 5th) is Free Comic Book Day, so check out your LCS to see what free swag you can snag. Lot's of stores are also running other events, like signings and sales as well.
_________________
~Ken
LostPhrack's Livejournal - Randomness from yours truly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
The Buz
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:19 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff


Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Posts: 3590
Location: Cow Palace.

Has anyone checked out Marval's INITIATIVE yet?

Civil War was such a disappoint to me that I have yet to work up the courage to pick up this new series.
_________________
Insert that one line from that one movie from that one actor here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Aaron2010
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:36 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 259
Location: Poontang, Indiana

28 Days Later's graphic novel is freaking awesome. It's got stories of the first 27 Days and then after the first movie's storyline.

A quick, cool, read.
_________________
Insert something funny here
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
conundrum
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:09 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1022
Location: On... teh INTERWEB!!1!

Atomic_Ilk wrote:
Has anyone checked out Marval's INITIATIVE yet?

Civil War was such a disappoint to me that I have yet to work up the courage to pick up this new series.


Initiative is a hic-up on the road to World War Hulk. Which just started.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EvilRex
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:35 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 1237
Location: ORLANDO

Any interest in the new Fangoria line of Comics? I've been strictly reading superhero comics for the past few years and want to give Horror comics a try again (outside of Walking Dead. I've discovered that one already.)
_________________
Open your textbooks to the chapter concerning your death.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
lostphrack
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:01 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 01 Jul 2006
Posts: 86
Location: New England

EvilRex wrote:
Any interest in the new Fangoria line of Comics? I've been strictly reading superhero comics for the past few years and want to give Horror comics a try again (outside of Walking Dead. I've discovered that one already.)

I've been keeping some tabs on it, I'm kind of interested in the Strangeland series at the moment. Haven't heard much about any other series outside out Bump though.
_________________
~Ken
LostPhrack's Livejournal - Randomness from yours truly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MNHorror
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:23 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 28 Jun 2006
Posts: 615

Hey, it's not horror, but comic lovers should check this out. I've got one in a contest at the banner below. Let me know what you think. And vote if you like it.

Oh...and all Ken's must vote for it. It's a rule. Heh.

-Ken
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Butcher
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:42 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff


Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1305

EvilRex wrote:
Any interest in the new Fangoria line of Comics? I've been strictly reading superhero comics for the past few years and want to give Horror comics a try again (outside of Walking Dead. I've discovered that one already.)


FANGORIA comics.
I'm interested in any of them NOT written by Ray Garton.

'Nuff said.

Twisted Evil




Anybody read the Vertigo series LOVELESS? Good stuff Maynard!
_________________
When you are beautiful it's only skin deep, but when you are ugly it's all the way through.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 5 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Dread Central Forum Index -> Best-cellars

Post new topic   Reply to topic


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum