FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews


Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Forums Index -> Rated Ex -> Shogun’s Sadism
feral cat
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:28 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 14

Does anyone like Shogun’s Sadism aka The Joy of Torture 2: Oxen Split Torturing as much as me?

... I know it's in poor taste, but for some reason I find this movie really funny even though it's very mean spirited. I love the way the magistrate guy is super happy when he finally splits the girls legs apart with his oxen.

"We did it. She is torn"
_________________
I Spit On Your Movie ... THE genre film blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Krugrsgrl
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:47 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 286
Location: Freddy's Bedroom

Haven't seen it yet.

Remember FC to put a Spoiler Alert before you talk about the films. Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
feral cat
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:01 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 14

Krugrsgrl wrote:
Haven't seen it yet.

Remember FC to put a Spoiler Alert before you talk about the films. Cool


LOL There’s nothing to spoil its not like an M. Night Shyamalan movie. People get tortured, then they die, the oxen splitting is in the title and on the DVD cover art.
_________________
I Spit On Your Movie ... THE genre film blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Visitor Q
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:14 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 29

I haven't seen this one in a while, but from what I remember it was a pretty good little film. Very Happy

SPOILERS

If memory serves me right, there were two stories and the second one took place in a whore house and there was an abortion scene. If this is the correct film, that scene stuck with me for some reason. Confused:


Last edited by Visitor Q on Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Krugrsgrl
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:15 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 286
Location: Freddy's Bedroom

Well I haven't seen any of the dvd artwork. My mind was still wondering what the Oxen Split Torturing was. So u did ruin it in a way for me. 'shrugs' Just be careful-



feral cat wrote:
Krugrsgrl wrote:
Haven't seen it yet.

Remember FC to put a Spoiler Alert before you talk about the films. Cool


LOL There’s nothing to spoil its not like an M. Night Shyamalan movie. People get tortured, then they die, the oxen splitting is in the title and on the DVD cover art.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gprime
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:43 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 2324
Location: Grand Rapids, MI

I would love to see it, though thus far I have yet to do so. Whenever I get a copy and watch it, I'll share my thoughts on it.

OT: Vis, great to see you here. Love the avatar. Brillet (sp?) is such a great director. And that film is the best of hers I've yet to see.
_________________
Former Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad says, “there is no such thing as a moderate Muslim.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ManiacFromBeyond
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:15 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 732

I love the movie personally. I have the import DVD. Not too bad for the DVD but could be better.
_________________
Also known as blasphemer1313
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thedudeabides
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:32 am  Reply with quote
Violent Misanthrope


Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 26024
Location: In FarinaMystica's Heart.

I was told, before I got it that it was like School of the Holy Beast.

I didn't think School was all that shocking or disturbing.

But this one is much much better. I dig it.
_________________
Damn!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
feral cat
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:02 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 14

Krugrsgrl wrote:
Well I haven't seen any of the dvd artwork. My mind was still wondering what the Oxen Split Torturing was. So u did ruin it in a way for me. 'shrugs' Just be careful-



feral cat wrote:
Krugrsgrl wrote:
Haven't seen it yet.

Remember FC to put a Spoiler Alert before you talk about the films. Cool


LOL There’s nothing to spoil its not like an M. Night Shyamalan movie. People get tortured, then they die, the oxen splitting is in the title and on the DVD cover art.
My apologies I, just figured because that scene was named in the title it would be OK, to mention.

... thats the one "Visitor Q" Miikes MOH episode was very Reminiscent of it IMO
_________________
I Spit On Your Movie ... THE genre film blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Caterpillar
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:45 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 05 Jul 2006
Posts: 862
Location: Xibalba

Bit of a shame that this is the only film by Yuuji Makiguchi that has any kind of following in the West. He hasn't directed a whole lot of films in the 20 years he has worked as a director (1976 - 1996) but there's a few more that would deserve some attention.

The one most like OXEN SPLIT would be TORN PRIESTESS (Onna Gokumon Chou: Hikisakareta Nisou, 1977), which has a girl called Omino run away from her master only to be raped by filthy bandits (why did she have to pee right in front of them???) and finally end up in a monastery full of cannibalistic nuns! All the while funky 70ies music blasts from the soundtrack. Hells yeah, I love that flick!

There's also MANTIS LADY'S CONFESSION, a sex comedy about a woman who ruins all the men she hooks up with, including a race car driver and a professional hitman. And HIROSHIMA HOSTAGE CASE, which is a hardboiled yakuza action flick. And BIZARRE CRIMES OF THE POST-WAR PERIOD. And finally his last film, 1996's YELLOW SPIDER, another cruel period piece that sadly suffers from its direct-to-video budget.

Even in Japan most of his films are near impossible to find. If you're lucky you can pick up an astronomically priced VHS from the 80ies ... Toei needs to wake the fuck up and release more pinky violence on DVD!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
greenterror
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:40 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 61
Location: Southern California

i love this movie! pretty damn good splatter FX for a movie of it's age, and i was entertained from beginning to end. it seems to me that 99% of the good old school Japanese exploitation films start with the Toei logo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ReignInBlood
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:13 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 03 May 2007
Posts: 53

thedudeabides wrote:
I was told, before I got it that it was like School of the Holy Beast.

I didn't think School was all that shocking or disturbing.

But this one is much much better. I dig it.

So where did you get your copy of Oxen Split Torture? I've found only one website that's selling it for alot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pondo sinatra
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:00 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 769
Location: Nagoya Diamond Cutter: Feel The BANG

gprime wrote:
Love the avatar. Brillet (sp?) is such a great director. And that film is the best of hers I've yet to see.


???

Am I missing something? Visitor Q's avatar is from Nagisa Oshima's IN THE REALM OF THE SENSES.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ReignInBlood
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:33 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 03 May 2007
Posts: 53

pondo sinatra wrote:
gprime wrote:
Love the avatar. Brillet (sp?) is such a great director. And that film is the best of hers I've yet to see.


???

Am I missing something? Visitor Q's avatar is from Nagisa Oshima's IN THE REALM OF THE SENSES.

that post was from a year ago bro.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pondo sinatra
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:30 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 769
Location: Nagoya Diamond Cutter: Feel The BANG

ReignInBlood wrote:
pondo sinatra wrote:
gprime wrote:
Love the avatar. Brillet (sp?) is such a great director. And that film is the best of hers I've yet to see.


???

Am I missing something? Visitor Q's avatar is from Nagisa Oshima's IN THE REALM OF THE SENSES.

that post was from a year ago bro.


Lol! That explains it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Dread Central Forum Index -> Rated Ex

Post new topic   Reply to topic


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum