Watch Earth Wage War with Aliens and Zombies in the Trailer for Independence Wars Insurgence

default-featured-image

Move over, Asylum; there’s another ID4 mockbuster that may be even more shamelessly titled than your Independents’ Day. If I didn’t know any better, I’d swear Independence Wars Insurgence was as much a mockbuster of The Asylum’s mockbuster as it is Independence Day: Resurgence.

Invading nearly a month after Independence Day: Resurgence strikes theaters, Independence Wars Insurgence ups the ante by adding alien-controlled zombies into the mix.

Synopsis:
Beyond the dark side of the moon, an ancient portal opens, bringing the return of a ruthless alien species to the ill-prepared planet Earth. The aliens attack with devastating destruction, bringing society quickly to its knees. From deep with a secret government facility, a group of military scientists, led by Bruce Kramer, work to find a way to combat the alien threat, both in the skies and within the population, as hope for the human race seems to be crumbling around them. But Bruce has more on the line as both of his daughters are inadvertently caught up in this war, and their safety is in his hands. As if the situation could not get any worse, people who have come into contact with the alien ships are turning into blood-thirsty zombies, controlled by the aliens, with the single-minded purpose of killing any human they find in order to eradicate the species.

Independence Wars Insurgence hails from TomCat Releasing, a company I consider sort of like the poor man’s Asylum. The film stars Brian Lally, Marlene Mc’Cohen (who also directed), Robert Woods, and Veronica Ricci.

The insurgence begins when the film makes first contact with DVD and VOD on July 12th. May the best mockbuster win!

IWI-ARTWORK

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: