E3 2016: The Surge Brings Exo-Suits, Giant Mechs, and Action… Oh My!

default-featured-image

So much gets announced at E3 every year, it can be incredibly hard to keep up with everything. I had my moment of pure overload when it came to the PC Gaming Show this year. I was in attendance, so I saw all of the awesomeness first-hand. Even still, there were some announcements that slipped through the cracks of my brain somehow.

When fellow video game writer Ted Hentschke brought up The Surge to me, I had a moment of pure blankness. This moment I deeply regret.

The reason for that regret is of course because The Surge should have been damn near front and center in my mind! Remember Lords of the Fallen? The Deck13 guys? Yeah, they’re the team behind The Surge. We were treated to a teaser trailer of The Surge at the PC Gaming Show, and I’ve gotta say after watching it again a few more times, it’s pretty damn cool.

The Surge has a dark and gritty feel to it. It’s an action-RPG set on an Earth that is slowly dying. You’ll fight using an exo-suit, and according to the trailer, there will be some giant mechs to battle!

Past that, there’s honestly nothing that we presently know about The Surge. There’s a teaser site up online, and there are social medias to follow. But only the next few months will be able to tell us what The Surge is all about.

What did you think of the trailer? How about the paltry few screenshots we have to show? Let us know what your thoughts are in the comments below!

The Surge

The Surge

The Surge

The Surge

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: