White & Wright Write Them

default-featured-image

Edgar Wright and Mike White adapt Them!Well if this isn’t a match made in heaven, I don’t know what it.

Though it’s hard to think about or want Edgar Wright to work with pretty much anyone without a British accent, if I had a gun to my head and was forced to choose someone I would pick … Bruce Campbell. Feeling the cold steel against my temple press harder, though, I would say Jack Black.

In an interview done with Slash Film, screenwriter/director Mike White (School of Rock, Nacho Libre) revealed that he’s working on a script with Wright right now called Them. No, it’s not a remake of the giant ants movie of the same name (damnit); what it is, is a “conspiracy theory comedy horror movie” according to White. And we all know we need more of those! But seriously; it’s based on a nonfiction book by Jon Ronson (which you can get here) about wild conspiracy theories. Wright and White are taking the idea and setting it in a reality in which these things actually exist.

He continued to reveal that if and when the film does roll, he would of course have to include his favorite chubby rocker, Jack Black, in the cast … but what about Wright’s stable of badasses, namely Simon Pegg and Nick Frost? Nothing was said directly, but it was implied they would have gigs on the film, as well.

Check out the whole interview right here and keep your ears perked for more on this kickass-sounding collaboration!

Johnny Butane

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Got news? Click here to submit it!
Want free stuff? Bring some new blood to our forums!

Win Free Stuff in the Dread Central Membership Drive

Share: 

Categorized: