Eyeborgs Finally Eyeing a DVD Release Date

default-featured-image

I swear I didn’t think this day was ever going to come. I remember first reporting on the Adrian Paul/Danny Trejo killer robot flick Eyeborgs back in 2005, and ever since we would go long periods of time before hearing anything new. Five years later Eyeborgs will finally be coming home to a DVD player near you this summer.

In the near future as fear of terrorism escalates, privacy is a luxury of the past. Now, in people’s homes, on the streets, in the workplace, everyone is constantly being watched by mobile robotic cameras known as “Eyeborgs.” But are the cameras just watching … or are they up to something else? As an increasing number of people die in bizarre ways, federal agent Gunner Reynolds (Adrian Paul, TV’s “Highlander”) is determined to find out after he realizes that a camera has recorded an event much differently than he recalls.

To give you an idea how long Richard Clabaugh’s self-described “24 meets The Terminator” has been in the works, I recall at the time it was first announced the Patriot Act and right to privacy was a major social controversy. Today, not so much.

Eyeborgs at long last will see the light of day when Image Entertainment releases it to digital on July 6th. DVD extras will include deleted scenes and behind-the-scenes featurette.

‘Bout time. Have a look at the trailer if you haven’t already, and pre-order your copy from the EvilShop below. Word is the film is actually pretty decent.

Eyeborgs Finally Eyeing a DVD Release Date

The Foywonder

VISIT THE EVILSHOP @ AMAZON!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Get your eyes checked then gouged out in the Dread Central forums!

Image Type 1:

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized