Tribeca Horrors 2010: The Killer Inside Me

default-featured-image

Tribeca Horrors 2010: The Killer Inside MeAs we’ve done in years past, we’re going to be spotlighting the horror offerings at the 2010 Tribeca Film Festival, which runs from April 21st through May 2nd in New York City. First up is the uber violent and controversial The Killer Inside Me.

Along with providing a few additional stills from Michael Winterbottom’s adaptation (the director is pictured in action on the right), the official 2010 Tribeca Film Festival website has an expanded synopsis for the film as follows:

Casey Affleck is Lou Ford, a small-town deputy sheriff ordered to evict local prostitute Joyce Lakeland (Jessica Alba) for taking up with the son of a prominent businessman. It only takes one encounter with the seductive Joyce for Ford to get swept up in an intense sexual affair with her, and soon he’s hatching a scheme to blackmail her lover so they can run away together. But behind Ford’s accommodating Texan smile hides a cold-blooded killer, and when his upstanding fiancée (Kate Hudson) catches wind of the infidelity and the whole town begins asking questions, Ford’s attempts to cover his tracks snowball in escalating acts of deception and violence.

Adapting from cult pulp author Jim Thomson’s novel, BAFTA Award-winning director Michael Winterbottom crafts a classic film noir with an insidious twist. A hard-boiled crime story becomes a subversive psychological exercise in identification, as Ford’s continuous first-person narration increasingly implicates the viewer in his brutal violence. Anchored by an unsettling performance from Affleck, transitioning with unnerving ease between charismatic good ol’ boy and savage sociopath, The Killer Inside Me is a chillingly intimate portrait of moral bankruptcy and the criminal mind.

The Killer Inside Me‘s Tribeca screening dates and times are:

Tue, Apr 27, 7:00PM SVA Theater 1
Thu, Apr 29, 9:45PM Village East Cinema 4
Fri, Apr 30, 10:30PM Village East Cinema 7

The Killer Inside Me – Clip 1
Uploaded by dreadcentral. – Check out other Film & TV videos.

Don’t despair if you can’t make it to Tribeca, however, as IFC Films plans to release The Killer Inside Me in late summer, 2010, through its theatrical and VOD platforms.

Uncle Creepy

VISIT THE EVILSHOP @ AMAZON!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Find the killer inside you in the Dread Central forums!

Image Type 1:

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized