FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Fuck Sony reason #243
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:45 pm  Reply with quote

So I've had my slim PS2 pretty much since it was released and it works great...Everything I put in plays without problem...Even the incredibly terrible Made Man...Everything, that is, except God of War and God of War 2...Neither of these games will even load...So I call Sony and they tell me the only thing they can do is give me a refurbished PS2 for $45 with a limited 90 day warranty...

Not SO bad, but I asked the supervisor if they could take my card information and send me my PS2 and then I'll send them mine, and if I fail to send them mine, then I get charged for a new PS2...He says they can't...I ask why and he says that their not set up for a delayed charge like that...So I ask when they will charge me for my refurbished machine and he says when they send it out...So I asked why they couldn't just send me mine and then charge me when they get my old one...He of course stammered and said that this is the only policy they have...

I then asked him why I should ever support Sony again since I have to be without a machine until they get around to sending it AND foot the shipping bill (companies like this pay very little for shipping, and MUCH less than I would for shipping it)...He had nothing to say except repeat the same rhetoric again and again...I told him that the only way I could satisfied beyond my simple and completely doable request was to buy another PS2 and I said that's money I could be putting towards a PS3 and now they've lost a costomer...So in short, fuck Sony...

Feel free to flame me fanboys, but nothing I said is irrational or without precident by other companies...
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:52 pm  Reply with quote

Their policy made sense to me. It is the same with Nintendo and MS: you send it in, then they send one out.

It may not be the most ideal policy for console owners but Sony has to cover their own ass.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:51 pm  Reply with quote

Kryten Syxx wrote:
Their policy made sense to me. It is the same with Nintendo and MS: you send it in, then they send one out.

It may not be the most ideal policy for console owners but Sony has to cover their own ass.

There are plenty of places that do what I was asking...RCA is one of them...They have to cover their ass, so do I have to cover mine...I've known people that have been without their PS2's for more than a month...That's bullshit.
Cthulhu23
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:44 pm  Reply with quote
Seeking the other 22 Cthulhus

Yep, that totally sucks