FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews


Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Damn good coffee! The Twin Peaks thread
Messiahman
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:21 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 3019
Location: Hollywood

There will very likely be a rerelease of the first season a bit later this year, which is said to include a nice, remastered version of the pilot.
_________________
"According to witnesses, testimony and evidence...this massacre was the work of ninjas!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Samhain
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:26 pm  Reply with quote
Glory Hole


Joined: 28 Jun 2006
Posts: 6893
Location: Connecticut

Gus Bjork wrote:
Samhain wrote:
Gus Bjork wrote:
I gotta get off my ass and get these. The first season was one of the best things ever on tv.


The first season is now out of print and is running for 150.00 bucks on amazon. Shame on you


$150! Are you kidding me!

That's like six hooker BJs down on Franklin Avenue!

(The one without teeth offers a discount)


You live a strange life my friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lustmord
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:51 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 01 Jul 2006
Posts: 1601

Messiahman wrote:
There will very likely be a rerelease of the first season a bit later this year, which is said to include a nice, remastered version of the pilot.



I hope so.
_________________
"I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it." -William S. Burroughs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cthulhu23
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:19 pm  Reply with quote
Seeking the other 22 Cthulhus


Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 5163
Location: On Your Back......

Me too! I agree!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lunablix
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:51 pm  Reply with quote
Little Fucker


Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4846
Location: The Bronx, NYC

I'm watching season 2 right now. I had gotten em from netflix. But unfortunately I don't remember what happened at the end of season 1 and I can't seem to find my dvd set of it. Confused
_________________
Threw you the obvious. And you flew with it on your back. A name in your recollection. Down among a million, say: Difficult enough to feel a little bit. Disappointed, passed over.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lunablix
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:27 pm  Reply with quote
Little Fucker


Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4846
Location: The Bronx, NYC

David Duchovny Shocked
_________________
Threw you the obvious. And you flew with it on your back. A name in your recollection. Down among a million, say: Difficult enough to feel a little bit. Disappointed, passed over.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Samhain
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:17 pm  Reply with quote
Glory Hole


Joined: 28 Jun 2006
Posts: 6893
Location: Connecticut

Lunablix wrote:
David Duchovny Shocked


....and yet he looks strangely hot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kiddcapone
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:40 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 27 Jun 2006
Posts: 932
Location: Gizmonic Institute

I never saw the show. I'm not a fan of David Lynch's work and Twin Peaks always looked horrible during the promos I've seen so I never gave it a chance.

But I do have this legit question: Why is Twin Peaks airing on the Chiller network? Did I miss something. It doesn't even slightly look like it contains any horror elements what-so-ever. It just looks like typical bizarre Lynch for bizarre Lynch's sake. What am I missing? Does just being strange earn enough consideration to air on Chiller?
_________________
Kiddcapone - "Breaking the 4th wall since 1974"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Messiahman
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:55 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 3019
Location: Hollywood

kiddcapone wrote:
I never saw the show. I'm not a fan of David Lynch's work and Twin Peaks always looked horrible during the promos I've seen so I never gave it a chance.

But I do have this legit question: Why is Twin Peaks airing on the Chiller network? Did I miss something. It doesn't even slightly look like it contains any horror elements what-so-ever. It just looks like typical bizarre Lynch for bizarre Lynch's sake. What am I missing? Does just being strange earn enough consideration to air on Chiller?


TWIN PEAKS is most definitely considered horror -- it features evil spirits, demonic possession, spectral ghosts, bloody murders and some of the most disturbing and horrific imagery ever aired on American network television. It completely belongs on a horror-themed channel -- it's a supernatural genre show through and through.

It's also the most revolutionary show of the past twenty years, in my book. Were it not for TWIN PEAKS, we never would've seen shows like THE X-FILES, AMERICAN GOTHIC, CARNIVALE and LOST, to name but a few. Every single one of them owes a MASSIVE debt to TWIN PEAKS.
_________________
"According to witnesses, testimony and evidence...this massacre was the work of ninjas!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kiddcapone
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:31 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 27 Jun 2006
Posts: 932
Location: Gizmonic Institute

Messiahman wrote:
TWIN PEAKS is most definitely considered horror -- it features evil spirits, demonic possession, spectral ghosts, bloody murders and some of the most disturbing and horrific imagery ever aired on American network television. It completely belongs on a horror-themed channel -- it's a supernatural genre show through and through.


Okay, well you make it sound interesting. Maybe I'll give it a shot next time I see it on Chiller.
_________________
Kiddcapone - "Breaking the 4th wall since 1974"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Messiahman
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:52 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 3019
Location: Hollywood

kiddcapone wrote:
Messiahman wrote:
TWIN PEAKS is most definitely considered horror -- it features evil spirits, demonic possession, spectral ghosts, bloody murders and some of the most disturbing and horrific imagery ever aired on American network television. It completely belongs on a horror-themed channel -- it's a supernatural genre show through and through.


Okay, well you make it sound interesting. Maybe I'll give it a shot next time I see it on Chiller.


Definitely give it a shot -- if you don't dig it, you can always change the channel. Co-creator Mark Frost actually focuses that Lynchian weirdness into a storyline, and it isn't just weirdness for weirdness' sake. Be aware, however, that it begins as a seemingly "normal" show about an FBI investigation into the murder of a local prom queen in a strange little town, then slowly morphs into a show that twists genre conventions and starts piling on the supernatural. It takes a while to get going, but when it does, it moves like an express train.
_________________
"According to witnesses, testimony and evidence...this massacre was the work of ninjas!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sirand
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:17 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff


Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4003
Location: Hollyweird

Twin Peaks contains some of the most horrifying scenes in any movie or television show - period. I've seen the series about 3 times through and there are moments that still scare me to my core.

Lynch's use of sound combined with the Black Lodge visuals are the stuff of nightmares.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Messiahman
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:51 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 3019
Location: Hollywood

Sirand wrote:
Twin Peaks contains some of the most horrifying scenes in any movie or television show - period. I've seen the series about 3 times through and there are moments that still scare me to my core.

Lynch's use of sound combined with the Black Lodge visuals are the stuff of nightmares.


Yep, yep and yep.
_________________
"According to witnesses, testimony and evidence...this massacre was the work of ninjas!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lunablix
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:44 pm  Reply with quote
Little Fucker


Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4846
Location: The Bronx, NYC

Samhain wrote:
Lunablix wrote:
David Duchovny Shocked


....and yet he looks strangely hot.


Laughing He does have nice legs. Laughing
_________________
Threw you the obvious. And you flew with it on your back. A name in your recollection. Down among a million, say: Difficult enough to feel a little bit. Disappointed, passed over.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lunablix
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:50 pm  Reply with quote
Little Fucker


Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4846
Location: The Bronx, NYC

From watching the show this week it's given me some weird dreams. It reminds me of a soap opera because of all the different story lines and the other happenings that goes on. It was a show ahead of it's time. If it came out now it would've lasted longer.
_________________
Threw you the obvious. And you flew with it on your back. A name in your recollection. Down among a million, say: Difficult enough to feel a little bit. Disappointed, passed over.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Dread Central Forum Index -> The Terror Tube

Post new topic   Reply to topic


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum