FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Crackdown
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:17 pm  Reply with quote

The demo is available now on XBOX Live Marketplace.

While this does seem a bit like your run of the mill GTA sandbox game the super powers and leveling up system set it apart.

I've already read through many message boards and the gamers can't stop bitching about the targeting and lack of "story." Sigh ... some people expect to get the entire experience in a demo.
PrairieGhost
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:44 pm  Reply with quote

I love the targeting you can aim at the head, chest, arms and legs on people.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:52 pm  Reply with quote

I agree, the only issue I've had so far is that sometimes you may target a dead body in the middle of a fight.

The targeting system allows for very strategic fighting. If a boss has a rocket launcher I can aim at his/her legs to knock them down or arms to cause them to drop the weapon and all I really have to do is tap the analog stick in that direction.
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:33 pm  Reply with quote

This game is okay. Even when you start leveling up it gets boring after awhile. I need a good story to keep me playing. That old man is starting to annoy the hell out of me too.
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:10 pm  Reply with quote

The narrator doesn't need to tell me that ever damn purple light I see is a race marker...god damn
mrmordrid
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:30 pm  Reply with quote

i played the demo and i was bored after 30 minutes Rolling Eyes
McNab
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:37 pm  Reply with quote

Good game, what happened to the ending? There was lots of talk about the last boss (the Chinese one) being involved with Black Magic and that at the end EVERY boss comes back to life for you to kill again.

I ran up the tower, past the goons, kicked the Chinese guy once and it was over, except for a trip back to the city to wipe out the last of his guys.

I wonder if Crackdown II will have a bigger city and more gangs to kill, or will you turn against the Peacekeepers, after the sinister ending of the game?

Favorite line: "Do I have to keep telling you agent - Do. Not. Kill. Civilians!"
Deadguy
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:37 am  Reply with quote

Heh.. my favorite Announcer scenario was when I was under a bridge and the guy goes: "What a view, best view of the city, ever.. very few can reach these heights. I can see my house from here!"

This game was kinda' fun.. I dunno about replay value though. I either need another account to start over, or perhaps delete the game files?

I kinda' misunderstood that whole "time trials for killing bosses" thing.. I thought you were supposed to haul ass in there and destroy the boss as quickly as possible, DURING REGULAR PLAY... So, I kinda' rushed a bunch of them, rather than taking my time to fight the gangs protecting them.

At least I actually played the game though... I've seen complaints from folks that say they played multiplayer CO-op and the person that joined the game went around and killed a bunch of bosses for them. At the time, they figured that it didn't matter, but now they can't go back and take-on those bosses.

Someone even went and stormed the main boss tower on a newbie's multiplayer game... that's gotta' suck.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:47 pm  Reply with quote

This game was fun but not worth the $60...I couldn't care less about Halo 3 so beating this game in less than a day was kind of lame...And there is really not much to do once you've leveled up...I was hoping for a GTA type of game in which you can return at anytime and have a blast outside of the main story.
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:56 pm  Reply with quote

It was cool while it lasted but it somehow underdelivered. There was no strat. required to kill each boss and not one single damn car chase.

Maybe once they throw in flying vehicles and more gang bosses it may be worth checking out again.
McNab
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:39 am  Reply with quote

After killing Wang and his goons at the end there's an option to keep playing with a crimes on / crimes off feature, which was odd, you can keep picking up orbs off rooftops.

I was hoping that your CO would congratulate you at the end, but warn you that there's another, bigger, more dangerous city that needs a Crackdown, hyping up Crackdown II. But no.
Deadguy
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:27 pm  Reply with quote

After I got the end cinematic, I meant to go on a cop killing spree, to see if it might progress the storyline, but I haven't been bothered..

Has anyone tried that?
-Mike
McNab
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:40 pm  Reply with quote

I heard a rumour that if you kill 500 civilians there's some achievement or hidden bonus or something. I meant to try it but couldn't be bothered.