FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Millenium
Desdinova
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:30 am  Reply with quote

I think fans were just thoroughly ticked off that Season 3 didn't continue with the mythology established by Morgan and Wong in Season 2.

However, I think folks throw out the baby with the bathwater by condemning the entirety of Season 3. For instance, the episode Forcing The End, with the late great Andreas Katsulas, stands as one of the best episodes of the series.
Kaisersoze
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:49 am  Reply with quote

Dr Malachi Constant wrote:
The best episode ever was that one with the four demons trading stories in a donut shop... or something like that. It had a little cgi satan baby slam-dancing to "My War."

Great call. That and the Halloween one where they set up that Frank had caught the ire of Satan himself.
tranquilhell
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:25 am  Reply with quote

I liked this show a lot. Henriksen is one of my favorite actors. I wish he could get better parts.
iank
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:56 am  Reply with quote

Ah, Millennium! Yes, another season 2 lover here. 1 was okay but dull, and 3 was pretty much all crap.

2 was something else entirely. Absolutely brilliant television.
Desdinova
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:29 am  Reply with quote

Messiahman wrote:
Desdinova wrote:
Actually, Chris Carter had gone on the record to say that Frank Black's world is the same world as Mulder and Scully's . . . even before Black appeared on The X-Files. In other words, all the stories of The X-Files and Millennium occurred in the same continuum.

As a matter of fact, that's not true. I've got several interviews in which Carter stated specifically that he NEVER intended for them to be set in the same worlds, and that he only threw in a pair of FBI agents who mildly looked like them in "Lamentations" as a joke...[snip].

That was the original intent. But, Millennium and The X-Files share characters (Jose Chung, for example) and it was later confirmed that the Mulder / Scully look-alikes in "Lamentations," though played by Duchovny's and Anderson's stand-ins, were Mulder and Scully.

Of course, the waters are muddied a bit. There IS an episode of Millennium where an episode of The X-Files is seen on a character's TV.
GrimTheBodySnatcher
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:22 pm  Reply with quote

Was a great show all round in the beginning,but after season 2 it slowly became a disinteresting and somewhat of a medicore show for me.Lance Henriksen throughout though did his damnedess to make it work with thoroughly solid and convincing acting.Terry O'Quinn was another reason why it lasted as long as it did,impressive work by him.
Dark Dreamer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:38 pm  Reply with quote

I loved seasons 1 and especially 2, but the show lost me in season 3. Henriksen was the perfect actor to portray the world weary Frank Black. I only wish that Terry o'Quinn had gotten more screen time now that I know what he is capable of as an actor after seeing his performance as John Locke in Lost.