Monsterpalooza 2016 – Massive Image Gallery! See What You Missed!

default-featured-image

What can we possibly say about the Monsterpalooza convention that hasn’t already been said? The brainchild of visionary promoter Eliot Brodsky, each year gets bigger, better, and more importantly, MORE MONSTROUS!

This year the most killer horror convention of the year moved to a bigger location in Pasadena, CA, and the extra space was well utilized as every corner of every hallway and showroom was packed to the gills with creature-filled goodness. It’s amazing, man… the second you walk through the door, it’s like you’re 8 years old again. Everywhere you look someone is smiling and enjoying the vibe, including big names like Gary Oldman, and J.J. Abrams! It truly is a celebration of monsters and horror artwork! No ego, no pretenses, just the absolute love of the genre for the fans who adore it.

Scattered amongst the many eye-popping sights this year was a host of celebrities greeting fans with open arms, such as Hellraiser‘s Ashley Laurence and Doug Bradley, Linda Blair, Nick Castle, James Remar, Tom Holland, Bill Moseley, and Haruo Nakajima (the 90+-year-old Japanese suit actor who appeared in the original Godzilla, King Kong Escapes, and War of the Gargantuas), and many, many more! Speaking personally, meeting Nakajima was like coming across royalty. I kissed his head, his hands, and blessed him at least four times as I kept getting in line to do so.

And of course, there were merchants aplenty who were selling just about anything that you could possibly want, including Rotten Cotton, who was selling the new Dread Central T-shirt (big thanks to everyone who bought one; not only do you have really good taste, but we couldn’t be more thankful for your support) along with a host of other new designs including the best damned workshirts I’ve ever seen.

Check out our image gallery below. It truly speaks for itself. For more information visit the official Monsterpalooza website and Monsterpalooza Facebook page.

Monsterpalooza

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: