Exclusive: New Production Stills and Release Date for Gierasch’s Night of the Demons

default-featured-image

Dread caught up with director Adam Gierasch yesterday in an effort to ascertain the current plans for his feature Night of the Demons, a flick that initially was to have received a theatrical release last October via Seven Arts Distribution. Revealed the director, who co-wrote with Jace Anderson his remake of director Kevin Tenney’s 1988 feature of the same name, “Night of the Demons is aiming for a decently-wide release on September 23, 2010.” In addition, he provided us with some new exclusive production stills!

Gierasch was coy about mentioning the distributor of his redux, which stars Diora Baird, Shannon Elizabeth, Monica Keena, Bobbi Sue Luther, Jonathan Beach, Michael Copon, Tiffany Shepis, and Edward Furlong, although he was transparent in regard to his additional (and rather exciting) plans for the release of Night of the Demons.

Hopefully we’ll be able to do some concerts to celebrate the release,” said Geirasch, whose directorial debut was the 2008 film Autopsy. “We are definitely going to do (one) in L.A., and maybe New York, and I can’t guarantee it, but I hope New Orleans because that is where the movie takes place and where we shot it.

Appearing on the soundtrack are “45 Grave, who did our theme song,” revealed the filmmaker, “and Type O Negative, TSOL, Pscyhocharger, Goatwhore, Wednesday 13, and Dead By Day. The soundtrack is awesome, and it’s all the way through the whole movie, too. We did fight scenes to punk-rock songs, demon attacks to punk-rock songs – I describe it as ‘party horror’.

As for his feelings on the completed film, “I love it. It’s got punk-rock and big-breasted chicks being chased by demons – what more do you want? It’s everything that makes life worth living. I think it’s just super fun.

Dread queried the filmmaker as to what’s next on his plate, and while we are sworn to secrecy until a later date regarding a slew of simmering genre projects he and Anderson are cooking up, the filmmaker did allow that he’s finishing up a film he directed from a genre script the pair co-wrote.

I will say,” teased Gierasch, who didn’t reveal the title (although a quick Google search may or may not provide such), “that it’s a psychological drama slash ghost story and also that I believe it will have a limited release in August or September.

See our review of Night of the Demons here, and stay tuned for more.

Click the images below to see them hi-res.

New Production Stills and Release Date for Gierasch’s Night of the Demons (click for larger image)

New Production Stills and Release Date for Gierasch’s Night of the Demons (click for larger image)

Sean Decker

VISIT THE EVILSHOP @ AMAZON!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Eat a bowl of fuck in the Dread Central forums!

Image Type 1:

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized