FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews


Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Millenium
Lunablix
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:32 pm  Reply with quote
Little Fucker


Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4846
Location: The Bronx, NYC

Dr Malachi Constant wrote:
The best episode ever was that one with the four demons trading stories in a donut shop... or something like that. It had a little cgi satan baby slam-dancing to "My War."


HA!!! I love that episode ... I have that part of the show on my myspace page.
_________________
Threw you the obvious. And you flew with it on your back. A name in your recollection. Down among a million, say: Difficult enough to feel a little bit. Disappointed, passed over.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Messiahman
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:51 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 3019
Location: Hollywood

Dr Malachi Constant wrote:
The best episode ever was that one with the four demons trading stories in a donut shop... or something like that. It had a little cgi satan baby slam-dancing to "My War."


That was called "Somehow Satan Got Behind Me," written by the great Darin Morgan. He also wrote my personal favorite ep, "Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense," in which Frank Black comes up against the Church of Selfosophy (an obvious play on Scientologists). Great stuff.
_________________
"According to witnesses, testimony and evidence...this massacre was the work of ninjas!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cthulhu23
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:59 pm  Reply with quote
Seeking the other 22 Cthulhus


Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 5163
Location: On Your Back......

"Somehow Satan Got Behind Me" was a great episode
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dr Malachi Constant
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:22 pm  Reply with quote
Awaiting a Nifty Title


Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Posts: 9513
Location: There... WOLF!!

Lunablix wrote:
Dr Malachi Constant wrote:
The best episode ever was that one with the four demons trading stories in a donut shop... or something like that. It had a little cgi satan baby slam-dancing to "My War."


HA!!! I love that episode ... I have that part of the show on my myspace page.
\

THANK YOU!

I haven't seen that in years. I tried to look it up when I first discovered Youtube, but no one had posted it, yet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Lunablix
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:48 pm  Reply with quote
Little Fucker


Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4846
Location: The Bronx, NYC

Dr Malachi Constant wrote:
Lunablix wrote:
Dr Malachi Constant wrote:
The best episode ever was that one with the four demons trading stories in a donut shop... or something like that. It had a little cgi satan baby slam-dancing to "My War."


HA!!! I love that episode ... I have that part of the show on my myspace page.
\

THANK YOU!

I haven't seen that in years. I tried to look it up when I first discovered Youtube, but no one had posted it, yet.


You are welcomed. Smile I almost changed it but couldn't find a part from a specific Married With Children episode.
_________________
Threw you the obvious. And you flew with it on your back. A name in your recollection. Down among a million, say: Difficult enough to feel a little bit. Disappointed, passed over.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Messiahman
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:53 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 3019
Location: Hollywood

If you guys recall, the dancing Satan baby in "Somehow Satan Got Behind Me" was actually a pointed parody of ALLY MCBEAL, which had featured Ally having strange visions of a dancing baby all season long.
_________________
"According to witnesses, testimony and evidence...this massacre was the work of ninjas!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:23 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 2683
Location: Savannah, Georgia

Sirand wrote:
Great series. Season Two is one of the best things to ever appear on television.

Season 3 is terrible though and I refuse to acknowledge it.


Is that the season they gave Frank a female partner and KISS guest starred? If so I wholeheartedly agree.
_________________
"I hate all sports as rabidly as a person who likes sports hates common sense." - H. L. Mencken
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Dr Malachi Constant
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:59 am  Reply with quote
Awaiting a Nifty Title


Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Posts: 9513
Location: There... WOLF!!

Messiahman wrote:
If you guys recall, the dancing Satan baby in "Somehow Satan Got Behind Me" was actually a pointed parody of ALLY MCBEAL, which had featured Ally having strange visions of a dancing baby all season long.


That's what was so genius about it. Well, that and the fact that they used a Black Flag song.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Cthulhu23
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:30 am  Reply with quote
Seeking the other 22 Cthulhus


Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 5163
Location: On Your Back......

How can I love Black Flag and hate Henry Rollins so much? I dunno
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lunablix
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:34 am  Reply with quote
Little Fucker


Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4846
Location: The Bronx, NYC

FilmCritic3000 wrote:
Sirand wrote:
Great series. Season Two is one of the best things to ever appear on television.

Season 3 is terrible though and I refuse to acknowledge it.


Is that the season they gave Frank a female partner and KISS guest starred? If so I wholeheartedly agree.


Yeah that's season 3.
_________________
Threw you the obvious. And you flew with it on your back. A name in your recollection. Down among a million, say: Difficult enough to feel a little bit. Disappointed, passed over.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Messiahman
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:39 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 3019
Location: Hollywood

Cthulhu23 wrote:
How can I love Black Flag and hate Henry Rollins so much? I dunno


Aww, Hank's totally cool. I don't know how you can hate him either. Sad
_________________
"According to witnesses, testimony and evidence...this massacre was the work of ninjas!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mary Henry
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:31 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 171

The Woman In Black wrote:
Mr. Frost wrote:
Do you like the series so far?


I love it. Henriksen is great, and I've been a big fan of Gallagher since China Beach. Just want to move beyond the weekly freaks and get into a nice juicy arc. But we're completists, so we'll watch them all in order like they were meant to be seen.


Megan is a local resident here. I felt bad for her because I'd read how excited she was to be a part of the show, because of the strong roles the creative team had come up with for other women ... but then they gave her so litle to do. She was definitely under-used.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. Frost
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:33 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 07 Mar 2007
Posts: 37
Location: The Mikado

Mary Henry wrote:
The Woman In Black wrote:
Mr. Frost wrote:
Do you like the series so far?


I love it. Henriksen is great, and I've been a big fan of Gallagher since China Beach. Just want to move beyond the weekly freaks and get into a nice juicy arc. But we're completists, so we'll watch them all in order like they were meant to be seen.


Megan is a local resident here. I felt bad for her because I'd read how excited she was to be a part of the show, because of the strong roles the creative team had come up with for other women ... but then they gave her so litle to do. She was definitely under-used.



Her role was very strange in the series. There was really only one episode where she even came close to sharing the focus with Henrikson. I forget the name but it is one of my favorite episodes. The one where she sort of teams with the Laura Means character to investigate allegations of child abuse at a day care.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Samhain
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:23 pm  Reply with quote
Glory Hole


Joined: 28 Jun 2006
Posts: 6893
Location: Connecticut

I was head-over-heels in love with the first season. I consider the show to be right up there with the best of 'X-Files'.
The second season was pretty darn good too and while the third (and last) season had it's great moments, it was a disappointment overall.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bone Daddy
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:17 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 28 Aug 2006
Posts: 3869
Location: New York

Great series. I agree Season One was suitably dark and bleak. Season 2 held up, but No. 3 was hit and miss.
_________________
Zombis Nazis gobiernan!



Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Dread Central Forum Index -> The Terror Tube

Post new topic   Reply to topic


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum