FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews


Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Millenium
Mr. Frost
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:04 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 07 Mar 2007
Posts: 37
Location: The Mikado

I know it is long since canceled, but I was wondering if anyone is a fan of this great show?

I just bought all 3 seasons on DVD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sirand
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:06 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff


Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4003
Location: Hollyweird

Great series. Season Two is one of the best things to ever appear on television.

Season 3 is terrible though and I refuse to acknowledge it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lunablix
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:22 pm  Reply with quote
Little Fucker


Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4846
Location: The Bronx, NYC

I was thinking about posting this same topic yesterday. Laughing I think it was your picture Mr. Frost. I loved it. Very good show. I had netflixed em and just finished the series a month ago. Too bad it didn't last longer. Sad
_________________
Threw you the obvious. And you flew with it on your back. A name in your recollection. Down among a million, say: Difficult enough to feel a little bit. Disappointed, passed over.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mr. Frost
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:29 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 07 Mar 2007
Posts: 37
Location: The Mikado

Sirand wrote:
Great series. Season Two is one of the best things to ever appear on television.

Season 3 is terrible though and I refuse to acknowledge it.


I agree Season 1 and 2 are definately the better of the 3.

It's too bad there was never any real closure for the series. The X-Files episode "Millenium" came close but it still was not enough in my opinion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Messiahman
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:29 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 3019
Location: Hollywood

Mr. Frost wrote:
Sirand wrote:
Great series. Season Two is one of the best things to ever appear on television.

Season 3 is terrible though and I refuse to acknowledge it.


I agree Season 1 and 2 are definately the better of the 3.

It's too bad there was never any real closure for the series. The X-Files episode "Millenium" came close but it still was not enough in my opinion.


Didn't come close for me. Incorporating Frank Black into a zombie story seemed the antithesis of what I loved about MILLENNIUM. Don't get me wrong--I loves me some zombies, but they have no place in Frank Black's world.

As far as I'm concerned, Morgan and Wong gave it perfect, albeit depressing, closure at the end of Season 2.
_________________
"According to witnesses, testimony and evidence...this massacre was the work of ninjas!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EvilRex
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:51 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 1237
Location: ORLANDO

I dropped out near the end of Season 1 and I know I really missed out.

Season 1 was too much "freak of the week" and episodic for me where I was totally grooving to X-Files' mythology and more serialized style.

Curious: What made Season 2 so great and Season 3 so terrible?
_________________
Open your textbooks to the chapter concerning your death.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Mr. Frost
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:55 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 07 Mar 2007
Posts: 37
Location: The Mikado

Messiahman wrote:
Mr. Frost wrote:
Sirand wrote:
Great series. Season Two is one of the best things to ever appear on television.

Season 3 is terrible though and I refuse to acknowledge it.


I agree Season 1 and 2 are definately the better of the 3.

It's too bad there was never any real closure for the series. The X-Files episode "Millenium" came close but it still was not enough in my opinion.


Didn't come close for me. Incorporating Frank Black into a zombie story seemed the antithesis of what I loved about MILLENNIUM. Don't get me wrong--I loves me some zombies, but they have no place in Frank Black's world.

As far as I'm concerned, Morgan and Wong gave it perfect, albeit depressing, closure at the end of Season 2.



I agree. I felt the end of Season 2 was pretty much the end of the series.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Messiahman
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:01 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 3019
Location: Hollywood

EvilRex wrote:
I dropped out near the end of Season 1 and I know I really missed out.

Season 1 was too much "freak of the week" and episodic for me where I was totally grooving to X-Files' mythology and more serialized style.

Curious: What made Season 2 so great and Season 3 so terrible?


Season 2 creates a mythology and pretty much drops the entire "serial killer of the week" angle. Season 3 either downplays or outright ignores some of the monumental events that occur in Season 2 and attempts to remold the show into a millennial X-FILES (not to mention the fact that Chri$$ Carter was EXTREMELY shitty toward Morgan and Wong after they left at the end of Season 2 -- never mind the fact that they're the ones primarily responsible for the successes of both XF and MILLENNIUM).

IMO, Morgan and Wong saved the show and elevated it above the tired formula of the first season. Carter and Spotnitz, who hadn't really been involved since the beginning, came back in the third and destroyed it.
_________________
"According to witnesses, testimony and evidence...this massacre was the work of ninjas!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Woman In Black
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:44 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Thrall


Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1642
Location: Standing at the foot of your bed

Never watched it when it was on, but we have all 3 seasons on DVD. We're about halfway through Season 1 and are thinking about just jumping right into Season 2 since all we hear is how great it is. Will we miss anything by doing that?
_________________
Can you feel the thirst?
I'll see you on the other side . . . Witchy Woman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sirand
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:52 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff


Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4003
Location: Hollyweird

The Woman In Black wrote:
Never watched it when it was on, but we have all 3 seasons on DVD. We're about halfway through Season 1 and are thinking about just jumping right into Season 2 since all we hear is how great it is. Will we miss anything by doing that?


There's a 2-parter episode and a season finale that come into play in the second season. Other than that, the rest of the episodes don't factor in much
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. Frost
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:06 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 07 Mar 2007
Posts: 37
Location: The Mikado

The Woman In Black wrote:
Never watched it when it was on, but we have all 3 seasons on DVD. We're about halfway through Season 1 and are thinking about just jumping right into Season 2 since all we hear is how great it is. Will we miss anything by doing that?



No you really need to finish out season one. There is a good cliffhanger at the finale that carries over into season 2.

Do you like the series so far?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desdinova
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:29 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 273
Location: Wichita, KS

Mr. Frost wrote:
Didn't come close for me. Incorporating Frank Black into a zombie story seemed the antithesis of what I loved about MILLENNIUM. Don't get me wrong--I loves me some zombies, but they have no place in Frank Black's world.


Actually, Chris Carter had gone on the record to say that Frank Black's world is the same world as Mulder and Scully's . . . even before Black appeared on The X-Files. In other words, all the stories of The X-Files and Millennium occurred in the same continuum.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Woman In Black
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:57 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Thrall


Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1642
Location: Standing at the foot of your bed

Mr. Frost wrote:
Do you like the series so far?


I love it. Henriksen is great, and I've been a big fan of Gallagher since China Beach. Just want to move beyond the weekly freaks and get into a nice juicy arc. But we're completists, so we'll watch them all in order like they were meant to be seen.
_________________
Can you feel the thirst?
I'll see you on the other side . . . Witchy Woman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Messiahman
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:30 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 3019
Location: Hollywood

Desdinova wrote:
Mr. Frost wrote:
Didn't come close for me. Incorporating Frank Black into a zombie story seemed the antithesis of what I loved about MILLENNIUM. Don't get me wrong--I loves me some zombies, but they have no place in Frank Black's world.


Actually, Chris Carter had gone on the record to say that Frank Black's world is the same world as Mulder and Scully's . . . even before Black appeared on The X-Files. In other words, all the stories of The X-Files and Millennium occurred in the same continuum.


As a matter of fact, that's not true. I've got several interviews in which Carter stated specifically that he NEVER intended for them to be set in the same worlds, and that he only threw in a pair of FBI agents who mildly looked like them in "Lamentations" as a joke. The thing is, Carter lied consistently about both shows time and time again, constantly backtracking and saying what he thought fans wanted to hear. He contradicted himself so many times that it's easy to lose count. The guy has proven himself to be one of the most manipulative liars in Hollywood, which is why it's quite likely that he'll never work again. And why virtually no one that he's worked with wants to work with him again, for that matter. He's a man who rode on the coattails of others and claimed their successes for his own, and he deserves what he gets.

As for MILLENNIUM, Carter actually had next to no involvement with it after the early section of the first season. During the second season, it was entirely Morgan and Wong's show, which goes a long way toward explaining why it so drastically improved.

When they left, Carter acted in an extremely unprofessional manner and trashtalked them in the press, stating that he was going to correct the mistakes they'd made (this after he BEGGED them to stay on). Carter then turned the show over to Chip Johannesen and pretty much bailed on it again. He got credit for a couple of episodes simply because he rewrote Spotnitz, but other than that he completely stayed away from it. I know this all for a fact, as I'm very good friends with someone who wrote for the show.
_________________
"According to witnesses, testimony and evidence...this massacre was the work of ninjas!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dr Malachi Constant
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:17 pm  Reply with quote
Awaiting a Nifty Title


Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Posts: 9513
Location: There... WOLF!!

The best episode ever was that one with the four demons trading stories in a donut shop... or something like that. It had a little cgi satan baby slam-dancing to "My War."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Dread Central Forum Index -> The Terror Tube

Post new topic   Reply to topic


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum