2Dark from Alone in the Dark Creator Frédérick Raynal Confirmed for Consoles

default-featured-image

If you were a gamer back in the ’90s with fond memories of the horror masterpiece Alone in the Dark, then you’ll probably be thrilled to know that its director, Frédérick Raynal is working on a new game called 2Dark (official website) which we last reported on a few months ago.

It’s now be confirmed to be coming to PS4 and Xbox One alongside its originally announced PC release, and if you simply can’t wait to experience Mr. Smith’s quest to find the missing children of the town of Gloomywood, then a demo will be available at the Game Developers Conference in Cologne, Germany, in August.

From the Press Release:
The PC Stealth Horror Adventure From the Creator of Alone in the Dark® Sees Console Release in 2016, Playable at GDC.

Lyon, France – March 11, 2016 – Gloomywood, the new development studio headed up by the Alone in the Dark® creative force Frédérick Raynal, today announced that its upcoming stealth-horror adventure game 2Dark will be coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The title was previously announced for a release on PC and Mac.

Mr Smith’s quest to save missing children from the clutches of demented serial killers will be fully optimized for each release platform – for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 this means tailored controller support so players can fully immerse themselves into the adventure.

“Ever since Alone in the Dark I‘m following the evolution of survival horror. With 2Dark I wanted to break with the genre’s traditions so I thought, what is more frightening than risking your own life? Risking the life of your children of course,” said Frédérick Raynal on the game’s vision. “Although we initially planned to release the game solely on PC, thanks to the outpouring of community support and enthusiasm, we decided to also bring the game to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One so that our fans can enjoy 2Dark on their favorite platform.”

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wibZ0iRpO6k]

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpQgFqer8To]

2Dark (1)

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: