FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Best-cellars -> The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger Born
Sirand
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:17 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Has anyone picked up the first issue?

This series has already surpassed my expectations. It's simply phenomenal. The art is some of the most gorgeous I've ever seen for a comic book and it perfectly captures Roland and Mid-World.
Cash Bailey
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:00 am  Reply with quote

I got mine yesterday.

I agree, it is a beautiful book. I love how they've drawn Roland's father Steven, even in the brief look at him you get. He looks like the ultimate bad-ass he should be.

I know I'm not alone in being a little dissappointed that this first 7-issue arc seems to be a recap of WIZARD AND GLASS.

SPOILERS AHEAD!!

Oh, I'm sure they'll drop new stuff in here and there, but I think we have to wait for the next series to get to the juciest new stuff; like Alain's betrayal and ultimate death at Roland and Cuthbert's hands. And the battle of Jericho Hill, with Cuthbert's suicidal horse charge on the battle field.

To actually see the rise of Farson, the Crimson King and the destruction of the Gunslingers is simply beyond the wildest dreams of any DT fan.
Mephistopheles
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:14 pm  Reply with quote

**Spoilers**

Alain didn't betray them. While it was stated that Roland and Cuthbert killed him, King revealed in Wolves of the Calla it was a different matter; On the night before the final battle, the two mistook him for an enemy and shot him.
Cash Bailey
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:49 pm  Reply with quote

Oh. My memory of WOLVES is spotty at best, but I love WIZARD AND GLASS. That would be the reason for my mistake.

Come to thing of it, most of the last three books are pretty much a blur. I think once the Dr Doom/Lightsaber/Sneech business came into it I kind of tuned out a bit.