Investigate the Most Haunted Places on Earth in Ghost Theory

default-featured-image

There may be plenty of video games that let you hunt for ghosts, but how many let you explore real-life haunted locations? The upcoming Ghost Theory will feature dozens of actual locations which are supposedly haunted, with each one containing a wealth of mysteries and secrets to discover.

And the ghosts themselves, whilst hardly being seen, will sure as hell make their presence known. Hell, I’m a hardcore horror gamer, and the video below still gave me chills.

Its Kickstarter campaign is currently well short of its £100,000 goal so it needs a lot more help to get where it needs to be. Developer Dreadlocks was also responsible for last year’s Dex, which was a minor hit, and Ghost Theory’s increased budget clearly means that it will be a much more ambitious title. And one that I sure as hell want to play.

From the Press Release:
Ghost Theory is very different from other horror games. You will not shoot zombies or aliens, run and hide from murderous psychopaths, or follow a scripted, linear path. Instead, each location will be an open-ended haunted ground, with its own backstory for you to discover. But the more you explore and poke around, the more you risk angering the lingering spirits that roam the place.

Rather than physically try to kill you, ghosts will stalk and harass you, becoming more aggressive as you get closer to your objective. Manage your stress and find a way to banish or capture them before they literally scare you to death. You are free to take shortcuts or take your time to discover optional areas and secrets, gather data in the form of Ectoplasm samples or possessed objects, capture footage of ghost activity, etc.

Ghost theory (1)

GhostTheory_Screenshot1 (1)

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: