Screamfest 2015: First Details, Trailer, and More on Night of the Slasher

default-featured-image

Shant Hamassian’s short film Night of the Slasher is having its Los Angeles premiere later this week at Screamfest 2015, and up now we have a look at its trailer, poster, and more details. Look for our review on Wednesday!

Night of the Slasher has been accepted by over 70 film fests so far, including competing for Oscar consideration at St. Louis International in November. If it wins Best Narrative Short there, it is eligible to be qualified to be nominated for an Academy Award. Its Screamfest debut is happening on October 15th at 7:30 pm. Click here for ticket info.

Hamassian says of the film: “Night of the Slasher is a short film based on a full feature original screenplay that I wrote. I wanted to write a slasher film where on the surface, it is a self-referential genre film; however, there is a deeper meaning behind everything we see and how we are all connected to this genre as a culture.  Our protagonist, Jenelle, clearly isn’t avoiding the slasher; she instigates the situations herself. She invites the demon in. We see that the scar on her neck clues us in that something physically traumatic happened to her, and the only way she can deal with this on a mental and human level is to keep revisiting the situation to feel that she can overcome it. In the process she runs into the danger of getting others killed and becoming a monster herself.”

He elaborates: “This short film is actually the middle of the feature film. I chose a scene that gave a clear tone for the overall feel of the picture. Some humor, some suspense, some sexuality, and some action and gore. I chose to write this film on a deep and personal level because I personally had to deal with a traumatic moment in my life. Making this film was an exploration on how to cope with those painful memories and to tell a story on how to not let the past control our lives. In the end, a great slasher film reflects the killer as a state of mind.”

Lily Berlina, Scott Javore, and Adam Lesar star.  For more info visit the official Night of the Slasher website, “like” Night of the Slasher on Facebook, and follow Night of the Slasher on Twitter.

Synopsis:
A “shot-in-one-take” slasher film about a teenage girl who must commit horror movie sins by drinking alcohol, doing drugs, and having sex in order to lure a masked killer and defeat him.

nightoftheslasher1

nightoftheslasher

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: