FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Shiver Shack -> Grind House (2007)
Tobe Romero
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:41 pm  Reply with quote

Coming April 6, 2007

The project is comprised of two hour-long segments—Rodriguez’s zombie opus PLANET TERROR and Quentin Tarantino’s slasher segment DEATH PROOF—plus a series of faux trailers) - fangoria.com

Quote:

Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez have already combined on several memorable projects that could best be described as the good ("Sin City"), the bad ("Four Rooms") and the gloriously ugly ("From Dusk Till Dawn"), so it's no surprise that their next collaboration, "Grind House," is equal parts humorous, horrific and hokey. "It's awesome," Rodriguez reported last week of the flick, which is actually two smaller films with tongue-in-cheek trailers littered among them. "I was just filming last night. Quentin operates the second camera, and I'll be done shooting soon and then I'll be shooting his movie. It's going to be wild." The longtime friends are helping each other out with their respective films and expect the unorthodox project to hit theaters in April. Speaking about the trailers, Rodriguez added: "I can't say anything about it because those are really surprises. Danny Trejo ['Con Air'] is in one, but there's another one that's huge. People are going to wish that one was the movie." Finally, Rodriguez dropped the bombshell that there is already talk of a "Grind House" sequel, which would bring the fake ads from the first flick to fruition. "If those trailers are great enough," he revealed, "they might be part of the feature we do for the next 'Grind House.' "

mtv.com

Naveen Andrews (Sayid from Lost) has been added to Grind House. He'll be in Rodriguez's portion of the film, Planet Terror. - everythingtarantino.com

Who else wants to see it now?
Tobe Romero
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:52 pm  Reply with quote

Quote:
Tell me about each of your Grind House films...
TARANTINO Our original idea was to do a horror double feature. The genre I wanted to tackle was slasher films, because I'm a big fan of late-'70s, early-'80s slasher films. The only thing was, what makes them so good is the genre is so rigid. And I had an idea about a guy who kills girls with his car as opposed to a machete, and I put it in a slasher-film structure. Other than the big car moments, though, my thing could be a Eugene O'Neill play. These girls just talk and talk and talk. If it wasn't for the car stuff, I could do my thing on stage.

So it's like Christine meets Long Day's Journey Into Night...
TARANTINO Yeah, but with more slasher elements! [Laughs] It's called Death Proof. I'm casting right now; more than likely the killer will be Mickey Rourke.

Robert, tell me about your film.
RODRIGUEZ Mine's a zombie movie called Planet Terror. It feels like a John Carpenter movie that took place between Escape From New York and The Thing. I wanted to do a zombie script a while back because there hadn't been any good zombie movies in a while. I got about 30 pages into it, and then all these zombie movies came out. So I thought, Well, I don't have to make them zombies — there could be other reasons why they're like this. They're infected people. Quentin, what's that story?
TARANTINO There was this Umberto Lenzi zombie movie in the '70s called Nightmare City, and a while ago some friends of mine were going to meet him in Rome, and I told them to tell him how much I loved Nightmare City. And they told him. And he goes, ''Zombies? What's theees zombies? They're infected people!''

from interview at EW
Terminal
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:54 pm  Reply with quote

I'm dying to see this.

As long as Eli Roth has nothing to do with it, I'm cozy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Steven Millan
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:58 pm  Reply with quote

Wasn't Tarantino supposed to be filming his "Death Proof" segment already?!

Besides,I'm delighted to hear that they're still working on the film(and haven't canned it,as previously rumored),for this soundslikes it's going to be one of the better films of next year.
Steven Millan
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:59 pm  Reply with quote

I sure wished that Tarantino would have filmed a faux Women-In-Prison trailer for "Grindhouse",though,for that would have been really fitting for this film.
Terminal
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:00 pm  Reply with quote

Steven Millan wrote:
I sure wished that Tarantino would have filmed a faux Women-In-Prison trailer for "Grindhouse",though,for that would have been really fitting for this film.

This is going to be like Kentucky Fried Movie sans the comedy. I can't wait.

I'm happy tarantino and Rodriguez are touching on a zeitgeist of American film long dead by the stranglehold of big studio business.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
corpse_grinder99
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:11 pm  Reply with quote

This is project sounds really exciting!
Bunnymud
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:54 am  Reply with quote

I've heard about this flic coming out, but I was painfully in the dark about what it was.

I am now enlightened

EDIT: Is that Pumaman above me???
Goo4reel
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:08 am  Reply with quote

I wanna see the fake movie Trailers in between these films. Gonna be Schlock
Happy Hamster
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:15 pm  Reply with quote

I´m not a big fan of Tarantino or Rodriguez but Grindhouse seems like it´s gonna be one hell of a cool film. Cool
Nick
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:36 pm  Reply with quote

I'm really excited about this... seems like it's gonna be something good
Johnny Truant
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:03 pm  Reply with quote

We need more anthology films. And this is going to be amazing.
Tony Saint
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:31 pm  Reply with quote

Another weird story concerning the old board: Sometime back, I mentioned that this project should have fake trailers and guest directors. (I think I mentioned Eli Roth's name, to which someone replied, "No Roth, ever!") Bizarre.

This, plus McNaughton is supposed to be making the "Elm Street" prequel, after I proposed that it should be raw, like "Henry."

If you're a fan and you have ideas, don't hide them! Be a fan and have fun. I have a feeling someone is paying attention. (Kind of like how the establishment is suddenly paying attention to the blogs after Yearly Kos.)

Now, if we could just get WWE or TNA to listen...

Ah, the Pewma Man. One of my favorites "When...you want...the flavor of baon in a dip..." (I knew there was something familiar about that icon. Glad someone finally pointed it out.)

Hear the "Killer Nerd" remix at Wayne Alan Harold and Toby Radloff's Lurid Entertainment!
Terminal
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:56 pm  Reply with quote

Dont mention Eli Roth, please. This movie sounds so great, last thing I'd like to have the shitty taint of Roth on this.
the pancake rabbit
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:35 pm  Reply with quote

This was suppose to be in 2006....(weeps)
Memory can change the shape of a room; it can change the color of a car. And memories can be distorted. They're just an interpretation, they're not a record, and they're irrelevant if you have the facts.