Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Out of Genre Experience -> Golden Globe Nominees
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:08 pm  Reply with quote

http://movies.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=244972&GT1=7701

Quote:
List of Nominations for Golden Globes
Dec 14, 9:39 AM EST

Nominees for the 64th annual Golden Globe Awards announced Thursday in Beverly Hills, Calif.:

MOTION PICTURES:

Picture, Drama: "Babel," "Bobby," "The Departed," "Little Children," "The Queen"

Actress, Drama: Penelope Cruz, "Volver"; Judi Dench, "Notes on a Scandal"; Maggie Gyllenhaal, "Sherrybaby"; Helen Mirren, "The Queen"; Kate Winslet, "Little Children"

Actor, Drama: Leonardo DiCaprio, "Blood Diamond"; Leonardo DiCaprio, "The Departed"; Peter O'Toole, "Venus"; Will Smith, "The Pursuit of Happyness"; Forest Whitaker, "The Last King of Scotland"

Picture, Musical or Comedy: Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan," "The Devil Wears Prada," "Dreamgirls," "Little Miss Sunshine," "Thank You for Smoking"

Actress, Musical or Comedy: Annette Bening, "Running With Scissors"; Toni Collette, "Little Miss Sunshine"; Beyonce Knowles, "Dreamgirls"; Meryl Streep, "The Devil Wears Prada"; Renee Zellweger, "Miss Potter"

Actor, Musical or Comedy: Sacha Baron Cohen, "Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan"; Johnny Depp, "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest"; Aaron Eckhart, "Thank You for Smoking"; Chiwetel Ejiofor, "Kinky Boots"; Will Ferrell, "Stranger than Fiction"

Supporting Actress: Adriana Barraza, "Babel"; Cate Blanchett, "Notes on a Scandal"; Emily Blunt, "The Devil Wears Prada"; Jennifer Hudson, "Dreamgirls"; Rinko Kikuchi, "Babel"

Supporting Actor: Ben Affleck, "Hollywoodland"; Eddie Murphy, "Dreamgirls"; Jack Nicholson, "The Departed"; Brad Pitt, "Babel"; Mark Wahlberg, "The Departed"

Director: Clint Eastwood, "Flags of Our Fathers"; Clint Eastwood, "Letters from Iwo Jima"; Steven Frears, "The Queen"; Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu, "Babel"; Martin Scorsese, "The Departed"

Screenplay: Guillermo Arriaga, "Babel"; Todd Field and Tom Perrotta, "Little Children"; Patrick Marber, "Notes on a Scandal"; William Monahan, "The Departed"; Peter Morgan, "The Queen"

Foreign Language: "Apocalypto," USA; "Letters from Iwo Jima," USA/Japan; "The Lives of Others," Germany; "Pan's Labyrinth," Mexico; "Volver" Spain

Animated Film: "Cars," "Happy Feet," "Monster House"

Original Score: Alexandre Desplat, "The Painted Veil"; Clint Mansell, "The Fountain"; Gustavo Santaolalla, "Babel"; Carlo Siliotto, "Nomad"; Hans Zimmer, "The Da Vinci Code"

Original Song: "A Father's Way" from "The Pursuit of Happyness"; "Listen" from "Dreamgirls"; "Never Gonna Break My Faith" from "Bobby"; "The Song of the Heart" from "Happy Feet"; "Try Not to Remember" from "Home of the Brave"

Series, Musical or Comedy: "Desperate Housewives," ABC; "Entourage," HBO; "The Office," NBC; "Ugly Betty," ABC; "Weeds," Showtime

Actress, Musical or Comedy: Marcia Cross, "Desperate Housewives"; America Ferrera, "Ugly Betty"; Felicity Huffman, "Desperate Housewives"; Julia Louis-Dreyfus, "The New Adventures of Old Christine"; Mary-Louise Parker, "Weeds"

Actor, Musical or Comedy: Alec Baldwin, "30 Rock"; Zach Braff, "Scrubs"; Steve Carrell, "The Office"; Jason Lee, "My Name is Earl"; Tony Shalhoub, "Monk"

Miniseries or movie: "Bleak House," PBS; "Broken Trail," AMC; "Elizabeth I," HBO; "Mrs. Harris," HBO; "Prime Suspect: The Final Act," PBS

Actress, Miniseries or Movie: Gillian Anderson, "Bleak House"; Annette Bening, "Mrs. Harris"; Helen Mirren, "Elizabeth I"; Helen Mirren, "Prime Suspect: The Final Act"; Sophie Okonedo, "Tsunami, The Aftermath"

Actor, Miniseries or Movie: Andre Braugher, "Thief"; Robert Duvall, "Broken Trail"; Michael Ealy, "Sleeper Cell: American Terror"; Chiwetel Ejiofor, "Tsunami, The Aftermath"; Ben Kingsley, "Mrs. Harris"; Bill Nighy, "Gideon's Daughter"; Matthew Perry, "The Ron Clark Story"

Supporting Actress, Series, Miniseries or Movie: Emily Blunt, "Gideon's Daughter"; Toni Collette, "Tsunami, The Aftermath"; Katherine Heigl, "Grey's Anatomy"; Sarah Paulson, "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip"; Elizabeth Perkins, "Weeds"

Supporting Actor, Series, Miniseries or Movie: Thomas Haden Church, "Broken Trail"; Jeremy Irons, "Elizabeth I"; Justin Kirk, "Weeds"; Masi Oka, "Heroes"; Jeremy Piven, "Entourage"

Quote:
15. BEST TELEVISION SERIES - DRAMA

24 (FOX)
Imagine Television and 20th Century Fox Television i.a.w. Real Time Prods.
BIG LOVE (HBO)
Anima Sola and Playtone Prods. i.a.w. HBO Entertainment
GREY'S ANATOMY (ABC)
Touchstone Television
HEROES (NBC)
NBC Universal Television Studios i.a.w. Tailwind Prods.
LOST (ABC)
Touchstone Television

16. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A TELEVISION SERIES - DRAMA
PATRICIA ARQUETTE MEDIUM
EDIE FALCO THE SOPRANOS
EVANGELINE LILLY LOST
ELLEN POMPEO GREY'S ANATOMY
KYRA SEDGWICK THE CLOSER

17. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A TELEVISION SERIES - DRAMA
PATRICK DEMPSEY GREY'S ANATOMY
MICHAEL C. HALL DEXTER
HUGH LAURIE HOUSE
BILL PAXTON BIG LOVE
KIEFER SUTHERLAND 24
X-Count
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:52 am  Reply with quote

MASI OKA SHOULD WIN DAMMIT!
reno
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:21 pm  Reply with quote

6 nominations for the departed?! pffff the only nomination it deserve is best supporting for walhberg
The Woman In Black
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:26 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Thrall

I'm surprised at all the nominations Babel racked up, especially for Pitt, who was hardly onscreen compared to most of his co-stars. I think it's a case of a film's reputation and pedigree being much better than the film itself.

I'm just really hoping Sacha Baron Cohen wins. His acceptance speech will no doubt be hilarious.
Sirand
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:38 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

No Galactica nominations? Are they absolutely INSANE?
The Buz
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:14 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Departed deserves everything.