Win Free Tickets to the Trick ‘r Treat Premiere in Chicago!

default-featured-image

Trick 'R TreatWe at Dread Central are always looking out for you, our fine readers, and we’ve managed to score three pairs of tickets to see a Chicago triple feature of Evil Dead, My Bloody Valentine, and a very special premiere of the much anticipated Trick ‘r Treat!

Welcome to Terror in the Aisles 2, scheduled for August 15th of 2009 at the Portage Theater in Chicago. This isn’t a simple triple feature, no! In attendance will also be some of the creative talent behind these films, who will hopefully be doing some introductions and Q&A. In the theater will be Evil Dead makeup master Tom Sullivan, My Bloody Valentine director George Mihalka, and the director of Trick ‘r Treat, Michael Dougherty! But that’s not all. There will also be shorts, vintage trailers, the sideshow Blue Material, dealer tables, prizes, bonus surprises, a live charity auction for Vital Bridges and much more!

What must you do to win one of these pairs of tickets? It’s easy. Simply copy and paste the entry form template below into a comment, change the completely obvious fields than need changing, and hit “post comment”. The first three entries that are correctly filled out and make me smile (or, failing that, not frown) win!

Here’s your entry form:

I, [enter name here], do solemnly swear that I live in or near Chicago, Illinois, or have other means to move my personal self to Chicago, Illinois, on August 15th in order to attend this fine, fine screening. I do also solemnly swear that, if I fail in this regard, I will without hesitation permanently tattoo the word “FAIL!” in large block letters in the middle of my forehead. I do understand this is legally binding and enforceable in all 50 of The United States of America and there is absolutely no way out of it no matter what.

To make manifest my interest in attending this feature, I do submit the following heartfelt haiku. I understand that a haiku has five syllables in the first line, seven syllables in the second line, and five syllables in its third, and final, line. I also understand that, if I fail to correctly assemble a haiku, I will be pointed at, laughed at, and summarily executed in some manner involving pumpkins. Here is my haiku:

[ENTER HAIKU HERE]

Winners will be announced the evening of August 11th. If you are one of the lucky winners, please PM me your (real) name at that time. Good luck everyone! For additional and up-to-date information, visit the event’s Myspace, and for ticketing information please visit brownpapertickets.com!

Tristan Sinns

VISIT THE EVILSHOP @ AMAZON!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Discuss your love of bad poetry in the Dread Central forums!

Image Type 1:

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized