Lautner, Sheen, and Lefevre Talk Up New Moon

default-featured-image

Rachelle Lefevre is Victoria in New MoonOnly a few outlets were granted set visits during the filming of Summit Entertainment’s money-in-the-bank sequel New Moon, and now that we’re inching closer to its November 20th release date, their reports and interviews are starting to trickle out with some pretty choice descriptions of what they saw … and a few sound bites from the actors who achieved overnight fame thanks to the Twilight series’ rabid fanbase.

For those wondering if the action quota might be pumped up in New Moon, Rachelle Lefevre describes what she’s been up to tor the past two and half weeks prior to the visit. She’s been filming her own scenes – up 25 feet high in the trees. She has a stunt double, and she’s harnessed while shooting, but that doesn’t quell Lefevre’s fear of heights with all the shooting in the trees. “I’m absolutely terrified when I’m up there,” she says. “I’m like, ‘Wow, I don’t know how I’m gonna bring myself to jump from here, this freefall leap.’ And then they say ‘action’ and you just do it. It’s this bizarre thing where you don’t want to get all the way up there and then not do it. Failure’s just not an option.”

Along with chatting up Lefevre, Fandango spent time observing a scene featuring Michael Sheen, who portrays Aro, leader of the Volturi vampire clan. Fans of the actor shouldn’t be surprised to hear director Chris Weitz praise his performance, “On the surface, he’s terribly gracious, warm, a wonderful host, and at the same time, he’s absolutely lethal and frightening,” Weitz says. “I think that’s what Michael Sheen really managed to convey in portraying Aro.

As for the status of the film’s post-production process, Weitz says he’s about two weeks away from showing the director’s cut to the studio, so he’s still swamped. “I’ve got some wolves with fur, and some wolves are still invisible.” He’s also making sure the sparkling effect of vampires in the sun is just right.

Speaking of sparkling, our favorite Twilight topic here at Dread Central, Taylor Lautner chimed in with his $.02 on the subject during his on-set interview when asked what power he might give Jacob, besides being a werewolf: “Oh boy. Tough question. Man, I wanna steal one of Edward’s powers, but then I feel like I’m just betraying Jacob. OK, well, I don’t wanna sparkle. [Laughs] Definitely — I don’t wanna sparkle. We can read minds though, in our pack — each other’s, but not anybody’s. I’d kind of like to read Bella’s.

Lautner also touches on the massive attention and scrutiny the cast has received, “We know what we’re making this time around. For the first one, we had no idea we were making a big film. We just knew that we were all in love with the series and wanted to make a great movie, but didn’t know that all these people were going to fall in love with it and it was going to be as big as it was. Now we’re coming into New Moon with more pressure. We’re trying to not think about that and just stay focused on what we need to do.

Hit the above links to read the whole thing, and subscribe to the New Moon RSS Feed for up-to-the minute updates.

Debi Moore

VISIT THE EVILSHOP @ AMAZON!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Do what you need to do in the Dread Central forums

Get a free DVD Trial Rental

Image Type 1:

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized