FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews


Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> VAN HELSING premieres on TNT this weekend!
Sirand
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:05 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff


Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4003
Location: Hollyweird

And the prison system is a magical wonderworld where criminals receive daily foot massages and first-class hotel rooms (that's why they must all be executed on sight).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flashback
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:39 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 24 Jun 2006
Posts: 234
Location: indianapolis, indiana

David wrote:
It's one of the most beautifully photographed movies ever made and had nice sets. Also, VAN HELSING made a hell of a lot more money than RE-ANIMATOR, so I'd say it was a rousing success.

Seriously, does anyone else remember when fireflyfan claimed that the audience at his local theater gave the film a standing ovation? I'm convinced he was still teary-eyed from seeing Kate Beckinsale in the clouds and mistook the sound of people beating their feet toward the exits as applause.


it`s mainstream success doesn`t mean if they concentrated on making it more of a monster movie then an action movie it wouldn`t be better.

van helsing made more money then re-animater but re-animater was a hell of a better movie.
_________________
we can`t stop here. this is bat country.

zombies , they creep me out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
David
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:21 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 164
Location: East of Peace River

flashback wrote:
David wrote:
It's one of the most beautifully photographed movies ever made and had nice sets. Also, VAN HELSING made a hell of a lot more money than RE-ANIMATOR, so I'd say it was a rousing success.

Seriously, does anyone else remember when fireflyfan claimed that the audience at his local theater gave the film a standing ovation? I'm convinced he was still teary-eyed from seeing Kate Beckinsale in the clouds and mistook the sound of people beating their feet toward the exits as applause.


it`s mainstream success doesn`t mean if they concentrated on making it more of a monster movie then an action movie it wouldn`t be better.

van helsing made more money then re-animater but re-animater was a hell of a better movie.

I know that and I agree completely, man. I was just pretending to be shallow and hopelessly misguided. Very Happy
_________________
His friend demanding what scarlet was, the blind man answered: It was like the sound of a trumpet. - John Locke, Human Understanding
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Johnny Truant
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:30 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1256

Sirand wrote:
And China is a utopia of raining chocolate and gum-drop smiles.


One evening as the sun went down and the jungle fire was burning
Down the track came a hobo hiking and he said boys I'm not turning
I'm headin for a land that's far away beside the crystal fountains
So come with me we'll go and see the Big Rock Candy Mountains

In the Big Rock Candy Mountains there's a land that's fair and bright
Where the handouts grow on bushes and you sleep out every night
Where the boxcars are all empty and the sun shines every day
On the birds and the bees and the cigarette trees
Where the lemonade springs where the bluebird sings
In the Big Rock Candy Mountains

In the Big Rock Candy Mountains all the cops have wooden legs
And the bulldogs all have rubber teeth and the hens lay soft boiled eggs
The farmer's trees are full of fruit and the barns are full of hay
Oh, I'm bound to go where there ain't no snow
Where the rain don't fall and the wind don't blow
In the Big Rock Candy Mountains

In the Big Rock Candy Mountains you never change your socks
And the little streams of alcohol come a-trickling down the rocks
The brakemen have to tip their hats and the railroad bulls are blind
There's a lake of stew and of whiskey too
You can paddle all around 'em in a big canoe
In the Big Rock Candy Mountains

In the Big Rock Candy Mountains the jails are made of tin
And you can walk right out again as soon as you are in
There ain't no short handled shovels, no axes saws or picks
I'm a goin to stay where you sleep all day
Where they hung the jerk that invented work
In the Big Rock Candy Mountains

I'll see you all this coming fall in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Borgosi
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:01 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 1126

Johnny Truant wrote:
Borgosi wrote:
Bone Daddy wrote:
Hmm-gonna go into bitch slappin' territory, but I kinda liked Van Helsing.


I'd watch it before I would Rob Zombie's over produced 70s wannabes or 99% of what Troma puts out.


THEN DO IT!


I didn't say I liked it. But as an action movie with monsters for kids I think it has value.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Johnny Truant
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:43 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1256

I agree.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Messiahman
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:51 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 3019
Location: Hollywood

Even the kids I know that saw it found it silly and dull. The only valuable purpose it serves is as a "what not to do" guide for future filmmakers.
_________________
"According to witnesses, testimony and evidence...this massacre was the work of ninjas!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coffinrock
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:03 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 15 Oct 2006
Posts: 195

Agreed.


This movie sucks. COCK even!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Johnny Truant
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:56 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1256

coffinrock wrote:
Agreed.


This movie sucks. COCK even!
Why the fuck are you following me?

I TOLD YOU I AM NOT THE FATHER.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coffinrock
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:04 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 15 Oct 2006
Posts: 195

Johnny Truant wrote:
coffinrock wrote:
Agreed.


This movie sucks. COCK even!
Why the fuck are you following me?

I TOLD YOU I AM NOT THE FATHER.



I have no child with you for I have never been with a black man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Borgosi
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:23 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 1126

Messiahman wrote:
Even the kids I know that saw it found it silly and dull. The only valuable purpose it serves is as a "what not to do" guide for future filmmakers.


How old were they? I'm talking about kids below the age of 10.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Johnny Truant
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:46 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1256

coffinrock wrote:
Johnny Truant wrote:
coffinrock wrote:
Agreed.


This movie sucks. COCK even!
Why the fuck are you following me?

I TOLD YOU I AM NOT THE FATHER.



I have no child with you for I have never been with a black man.


We all black when da lights goes out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bone Daddy
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:36 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 28 Aug 2006
Posts: 3869
Location: New York

Dat's right.
_________________
Zombis Nazis gobiernan!



Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
The Buz
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:01 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff


Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Posts: 3590
Location: Cow Palace.

Don't forget guys that X men THE LAST STAND just came out on DVD and is a complete and utter masterpiece. When they blew shit up for the fourth time..it was just..poetic. I had tears in my eyes.
_________________
Insert that one line from that one movie from that one actor here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Reaper
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:49 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 400

Atomic_Ilk wrote:
Don't forget guys that X men THE LAST STAND just came out on DVD and is a complete and utter masterpiece. When they blew shit up for the fourth time..it was just..poetic. I had tears in my eyes.


Yeah, well, slashed wrists tend to bring out the tears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Dread Central Forum Index -> The Terror Tube

Post new topic   Reply to topic


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum