Farewell to Wes – Guest Blog: Mick Garris

default-featured-image

Wes was one of a kind: the proverbial gentleman and scholar, but with a brilliant creative output that was brave and transgressive and groundbreaking. I first met him on a panel we did years ago at a Directors Guild retreat in Lake Arrowhead, and his thoughtful knowledge and insight about “our genre” was so literary and psychologically textured and reasoned. This was a guy who bared his teeth, but only on the screen and in his writing.

We got to be pretty good friends, and his passing was a heartbreaking shock to me. Really a wonderful and generous guy who always wore a smile and a twinkle in his eye that betrayed a playful darkness hiding within. I’m really going to miss him, as an artist and as a friend.

— Mick Garris

Wes Craven

With the tragic passing of Wes Craven, literally everyone in the industry has been reeling and expressing love for the man and his work. Several people have been writing in to Dread Central to ask if it would be cool to post their thoughts. So this Farewell to Wes feature will be their opportunity to share their feelings and their thoughts with you, the horror community.

Some will be long, some will be short, but all are important and will be featured with love and caring. It’s our honor to be able to do this for the man who gave us so very much.

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: