The Best Dressed Killers in Horror

default-featured-image

“Putting on a beautifully designed suit elevates my spirit, extols my sense of self, and helps define me as a man to whom details matter.“— Gay Talese, Author

Like a well done kill from a serial killer, fashion is a statement.

There’s something super creepy about a well dressed killer, isn’t there? When you think of a murderer, you always think of the creepy guy down the way, who sticks to himself, dresses sloppy, is quiet and shy, and just downright gives off the creeps to anyone who crosses his path.

American Psycho

Usually most killers are just your normal Joe, but sometimes they are articulate, fashion-savvy, popular within the elite crowd, well spoken, and never giving off the creeps, but always being the center of attention. Everybody loves this secret killer, and nobody suspects him. His style is something of beauty, not horror, and nobody suspects that he is a psycho killer.

Here is a list of some of my favorite well dressed killers in horror (not in any particular order):

Gary Oldman as Dracula – Bram Stoker’s Dracula (1992)

That grey suit, that top hat, those crazy glasses, that hair, and that sensuality that he has for his beloved Mina just made him sexy. From his grey suit here to his white one along the way, and even his red suit of armor, Gary Oldman was definitely the best dressed Dracula of my time.

Christian Bale as Patrick Bateman – American Psycho (2000)

From the classic line “That’s a wonderful suit,” we all just knew, and not just by sight, that Christian Bale’s character was all about style. Not only the clothes he wore, but the restaurants he could get into when no one else could to the style of his business card. He was the best dressed psycho in America for sure.

Tom Cruise as Lestat de Lioncourt – Interview with the Vampire (1994)

Tom Cruise

No matter how old Lestat got, he was always beautiful. What fashion and beauty he had. Even when he got his throat slit or was burnt, or even when he hadn’t eaten in years, his style was always the best money could buy. Lestat de Lioncourt was the most fashionable vampire to ever exist in horror.

Bill Nighy as Viktor – Underworld (2003)

Viktor is unique and dapper. With his beautifully overdone leather Gothic wear and his oversized floor-length jackets embroidered with sparkling metallic threads just long enough to hide that sword, Viktor could kick any Lycan’s ass any day while looking suave at the same time.

Mads Mikkelsen as Hannibal – “Hannibal” TV series (2013-2015)

https://youtu.be/km7gA9ewgd4

Mads Mikkelsen’s style as Hannibal has to be the best style by far. He is everything I described above and more. No matter what he is wearing, you can always count on it being the very best, the classiest, and the most beautiful. He is a psycho beyond anything we have ever seen; yet, he stays classy beyond time. He is the perfectly dressed psycho serial killer.

So those are some of our favorites – who are your favorite best dressed killers in horror? Let us know in the comments below.

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: