James O’Brien’s Western Religion Unveils New Stills Ahead of Theatrical Release

default-featured-image

I’m a sucker for westerns. And while I love when a filmmaker deftly blends the Old West with elements of horror, the end results aren’t always pleasing. That said, I’m always willing to give such a film its day in court, which is why James O’Brien’s Western Religion appeals to me.

After a theatrical release this fall, the folks at Screen Media will release Western Religion on home video next year. However, we don’t have a specific date to share as of this writing.

Need a synopsis? Of course you do, and we happen to have one below.

Western Religion stars Claude Duhamel (“Supernatural”), Louie Sabatasso, Miles Szanto, James Anthony Cotton, Holiday Hadley, Gary Douglas Kohn and Peter Shinkoda (“Falling Skies”). It tells the story of the gunfighters and card sharks that descend on the mining town of Religion, Arizona, to compete in a poker tournament in 1879 — with the players putting their souls on the line.

In addition to all this extremely useful info, we’ve also scored a handful of images from the flick. You can check out the pics from James O’Brien’s Western Religion below.

Town Sign - WR

James O'Brien (director)

WR CAST LAST SUPPER credit Linda Wake-Garza

Salt Peter (Louie Sabatasso) (2)

Claude Duhamel (Anton Stice)

Peter Sherayko and Sam Bearpaw (Southern Bill and Ironwolf)

Peter Shinkoda (Chinaman Dan) (2)

(Waylin Smith) Miles Szanto

Share: 

Categorized: