ClownTown Reinforces Your Coulrophobia with New Images

default-featured-image

Coulrophobia is serious business. Some people are deathly afraid of clowns, and they’ll go out of their way to avoid any sort of clown-oriented encounter. And while I am a bit wary of people who paint their faces with faux happiness, I don’t think my distrust in clowns is serious enough to qualify as coulrophobia. That said, I’m always a little jittery when one shows up in a horror flick.

While killer clowns from the far reaches of outer space are creepy, the stories grounded in reality are the ones that make my skin crawl. Such is the case of the clowns who terrorized the community of Bakersfield, California back in 2014. These real-life crimes serve as the basis for first-time director Tom Nagel’s upcoming genre outing ClownTown, which recently wrapped production in Ohio.

According to the official press release, the movie tells the story of “a group of friends stranded in a small town who are stalked by a gang of violent psychopaths dressed as clowns.” Jeff Miller (Axe Giant: The Wrath of Paul Bunyan) served as writer and producer on the flick.

ClownTown stars Brian Nagel (Katy Perry’s “Roar” video), Lauren Elise (Justin Lin’s new Google Spotlight Story “Help”), Katie Keene (Union Furnance), Andrew Staton (“Relentless”), Jeff Denton (The Beast of Bray Road), Greg Violand (Batman v Superman), Maryanne Nagel (Into the Storm), Kaitlyn Sapp (“Banshee”), David H. Greathouse, Chris Hahn (Paul Bunyan from Axe Giant), Ryan Pilz, Beki Ingram, and Alan Tuskes. The flick should arrive in one format or another in late 2015/early 2016. When you’re ready, the first images from the movie are hanging out below.

ClownTown

ClownTown

ClownTown

Clowntown

ClownTown

ClownTown

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: