Eli Roth Discusses Thanksgiving Feature

default-featured-image

Eli RothEvery once in a while things work out like the fans are hoping. It’s been almost exactly two years since Grindhouse was released and we were treated to its fake trailers, which included Eli Roth’s well received “Thanksgiving”, and today we learned that a feature length version could very well become a reality.

But let’s back up a bit. Roth spoke with MTV Movies Blog about a couple of subjects, including his new script for his first really “big budget” project, which he promises is “going to be something that is really fun with lots of mass destruction … something along the lines of ‘Transformers’ or ‘Cloverfield’ [but] a little more science fiction-based, and with lots of chaos and mass destruction. It is not aliens or robots or a virus – it’s a little more grounded.

Then things got interesting as Roth laid out his plans for Thanksgiving as follows: “I want to do a huge budget movie, but tack on three weeks to the end of it and shoot ‘Thanksgiving’. I want to make the highest body count slasher film I can … the sickest, bloodiest, most violent slasher movie.

We’ve certainly all heard promises like that before, but if anyone can do it, it’s Eli. Keep it here as we dig deeper into the story and bring you more details as they come.

Debi Moore

VISIT THE EVILSHOP @ AMAZON!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Wonder if he can really pull it off in the Dread Central forums!

Image Type 1:

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized