#SDCC15: Sideshow Unveils New Court of the Dead Figure Shard, Jewelry Line, Comic, and More!

default-featured-image

Last year one of the highlights of the San Diego Comic-Con was the time we spent with Sideshow Collectibles’ Court of the Dead, and they’re not resting on their laurels.  Today they’ve announced Shard – A Mortal Rising Premium Format Figure, an officially licensed jewelry collection from Badali Jewelry, a comic entitled A Mortal Rising, and The Chronicle of the Underworld, a full-color visual compendium for old and new fans.

First up, meet Shard:

The fragile alliance between the leaders of the Court of the Dead Factions – Queen, Kier, and Xiall – has been rocked by sudden change. Death has discovered a traitor in the Court, a new champion has been called upon, and whispers can be heard of a mortal soul that still lives and breathes within the Underworld. Shard is coming, and what she means for the Court of the Dead, Death’s ambitions, and the fate of mankind as we know it is yet uncertain. Get your first look at the Shard Premium Format Figure below; pre-orders will begin in the future, so keep checking the Sideshow website.

preview_ShardPF

As for the jewelry collection, here’s the skinny on that:

When Badali Jewelry approached Sideshow to propose a new collection inspired by the mythology behind the Court of the Dead, it was a match made, well… in the Underworld.

“I was blown away by the love poured into those characters,” says Janelle Badali-Powell, VP of Badali Jewelry. “Sideshow has always drawn me in with their stellar work, but there was something particularly tangible about the level of passion that went into the Court figures. I stood there pointing at every little detail on the figures saying, ‘I want to make that bracelet. And that ring. And that necklace. Oh and that!’ I feel a great sense of honor that we have been allowed to be a part of the Court of the Dead and can’t wait to help the story unfold for other fans.”

Court of the Dead Creative Director Tom Gilliland shares the significance of this collaboration, stating, “Jewelry represents a very meaningful expression of one’s own personality – whether it belongs to one of our ornately costumed denizens of the Underworld or to a real-life admirer of those characters. There is nothing more authentic than being able to connect with a physical token or talisman from a fictional world that has captured your imagination. Badali has successfully captured the artistic spirit and passion our team has for the Court of the Dead, and as fans continue to be enchanted by the mythos of this property, they’ll have the opportunity to participate in an entirely new way, thanks to this impressive, wearable collection. We couldn’t be more thrilled.”

Shed your mortality and join the heroes of the Underworld in their quest to Rise, Conquer, and Rule! Badali Jewelry is proud to debut the Court of the Dead collection with an “Underworld United” medallion pendant and an impressive signet ring worthy of any hero in the Underworld. These skillfully crafted pieces will be available in a variety of hand-polished metals including bronze, sterling silver, and even 14k gold, with multiple finish options.

courtofthedeadjewelry

More interested in reading about these characters rather than wearing their emblems?  Then check out these early looks at A Mortal Rising and The Chronicle of the Underworld.  You can read the comic in its entirety by clicking here. The Chronicle of the Underworld will be available for pre-order soon so keep an eye out!

Court-Comic-SDCC-2015

preview_ChronicleBook

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: