FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Ghost Hunters Halloween Special
Limpfreak
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:48 pm  Reply with quote

I just wanted to let you guys and girls know about the Ghost Hunters Halloweenn special in case you forgot and if your a fan of the show.

I don't know about you guys and girls but i'll be checking this special out instead of watching the same and usual horror movies that everybody does on Halloween.

The team leads an all night search on live TV!

Grant and Jason will explore the haunted Stanley Hotel the inspiration for Stephen King's horror classic The Shining in a six hour live broadcast starting at 11 p.m. Eastern Time on Tuesday, October 31.

http://www.dvdspot.com/list.php?member=Limpfreak&list=owned
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mr. Bonejack Jr.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:06 pm  Reply with quote

Got the DVR ready to go.
PowerLeech
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:32 pm  Reply with quote

I'll certainly watch it, but I'll probably end up taping it as I'm watching something else. There's too much to watch that night.
Limpfreak
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:13 pm  Reply with quote

PowerLeech wrote:
I'll certainly watch it, but I'll probably end up taping it as I'm watching something else. There's too much to watch that night.

I'm sure there is other things to watch but how many times can you watch the Halloween movies and the Friday The 13th movies?

Personally i would rather watch something original instead of watching something i can watch anytime and anyday on DVD.

Only thing that night to watch on tv is Halloween which starts at 12:30 P.M. all the way till they show Halloween : Resurrection which starts at 10P.M. . All the Halloween movies will be showing on AMC. I would watch it but fuck AMC and the commercials.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Maximum Destruction
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:08 pm  Reply with quote

ghost hunters sucks. you dont see anything. all they do is run around acting stupid and they dont show anything but the 2 ghosthunter guys talking.
DW Bostaph Jr
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:24 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Maximum Destruction wrote:
ghost hunters sucks. you dont see anything. all they do is run around acting stupid and they dont show anything but the 2 ghosthunter guys talking.

Eloquent. Rolling Eyes
Maximum Destruction
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:56 pm  Reply with quote

Lord Cthulhu wrote:

Eloquent. Rolling Eyes

Im going to be nice cause your a staff member but really, they show NOTHING. I want to like it. They just need to show something thats "SuperNatural".

They have a team of what was it 5 people at the old western town. 2 guys sitting around. How are we supposed to know that the other crew members weren't making the noises that they were hearing???

Another thing that was bullshit was the cord around the bell. That guy had no trouble undoing it from the bell. Now that is a big eye roller!!!! Rolling Eyes
PowerLeech
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:45 am  Reply with quote

Lord Cthulhu wrote:

Eloquent. Rolling Eyes

Im going to be nice cause your a staff member but really, they show NOTHING. I want to like it. They just need to show something thats "SuperNatural".

They have a team of what was it 5 people at the old western town. 2 guys sitting around. How are we supposed to know that the other crew members weren't making the noises that they were hearing???

Another thing that was bullshit was the cord around the bell. That guy had no trouble undoing it from the bell. Now that is a big eye roller!!!! Rolling Eyes

You're being nice as opposed to what? You'd insult the person if they weren't a staff member for liking the show? Ghosthunters usually has decent paranormal evidence about every other episode, with a couple spectacular catches mixed in there, and I've always found it fairly interesting. They can't catch spectacular footage everywhere they go, and I'd rather them not find anything at all than freak out about every sound and cold spot they find. My only issue with the show is it shows too much of the drama between a few of the crew members.
Maximum Destruction
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:04 pm  Reply with quote

[quote="PowerLeech"]
Lord Cthulhu wrote:

Eloquent. Rolling Eyes

You're being nice as opposed to what? You'd insult the person if they weren't a staff member for liking the show

Your right. It doesnt matter who it is.

"Love Everybody" Big and Rich Laughing
PowerLeech
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:46 am  Reply with quote

Limpfreak wrote:
I just wanted to let you guys and girls know about the Ghost Hunters Halloweenn special in case you forgot and if your a fan of the show.

I don't know about you guys and girls but i'll be checking this special out instead of watching the same and usual horror movies that everybody does on Halloween.

The team leads an all night search on live TV!

Grant and Jason will explore the haunted Stanley Hotel the inspiration for Stephen King's horror classic The Shining in a six hour live broadcast starting at 11 p.m. Eastern Time on Tuesday, October 31.

Perhaps I should have actually read about this thing before I first responded, I assumed it was going to be like a regular new episode. This sounds really cool, and I'll definitely be watching this. I'm all horror movied out right now (until tomorrow...)
lostphrack
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:54 am  Reply with quote

I'm watching this now, it's the first time I've ever checked out the show before and I'm kind of digging it. I feel bad for CM Punk though.. 6 hours in the dead of night on a wrestlers schedule? Yikes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PowerLeech
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:14 am  Reply with quote

I'm not expecting to get too much out of this, with it being live and all. A ghost isn't going to pop out and say boo or anything. I was surprised just a few minutes ago to actually hear that voice. I mean you could clearly hear it before they even replayed it.
lostphrack
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:26 am  Reply with quote

Yeah! That voice creeped me out, earlier they kept talking about hearing sounds and I didn't hear a damn thing then that just suddenly popped up. Shocked

Oh, the Touristas footage was an unexpected bonus as well. It's not lighting me on fire though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mr. Bonejack Jr.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:15 pm  Reply with quote

My wife and I are going to be watching it over the next few days. I'm hoping they get some good stuff.
Limpfreak
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:33 pm  Reply with quote

Mr. Bonejack Jr. wrote:
My wife and I are going to be watching it over the next few days. I'm hoping they get some good stuff.

They got some good stuff. At least i thought so.

The kick ass thing was that while watching it on tv you could interact online.

They had a live online feed on SciFi's website and if you saw anything on tv or on the live feed online you could hit the panick button and send them a message of what you saw and they could investigate what you saw.

Next week on Ghost Hunters they will show all the stuff they found after they go through all the video and audio they got.