Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Hex on BBCAmerica
horrorqueen85
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:54 pm  Reply with quote

I do like her character:)
Terminal
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:23 pm  Reply with quote

Hell yeah Demi. She has this peculiar look to her. I think Christina Cole is gorgeous, and Jemima is equally so, but in a different way.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Terminal
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:43 am  Reply with quote

I just couldn't finish the season. Seriously. I had one more episode to go and it was too grueling to sit through. It's like fucking "Felicity" with powers. I couldn't take it anymore. Not my type of show.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JonDiamond
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:57 pm  Reply with quote

It isn't easy, thats for sure. I honestly don't know why I'm watching this to be honestly. lol I finished season one, why it was only five episodes I'll never know, and I want to finish season two just so I can say I saw the whole series but I really don't think I'll be able to do it. "Felicity" with powers is the perfect way to describe it. How this can be called "the British Buffy" I'll never know. The British "Passions" is more accurate.
Terminal
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:09 pm  Reply with quote

JonDiamond wrote:
It isn't easy, thats for sure. I honestly don't know why I'm watching this to be honestly. lol I finished season one, why it was only five episodes I'll never know, and I want to finish season two just so I can say I saw the whole series but I really don't think I'll be able to do it. "Felicity" with powers is the perfect way to describe it. How this can be called "the British Buffy" I'll never know. The British "Passions" is more accurate.

People are really quick to compare.

British seasons, or as they call them, series are usually only five or six episodes. It's common practice.

I prefer it that way.

Five or six episodes a season gets to the damn point, twelve or thirteen episodes a season invites a lot of bullshit.
JonDiamond
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:49 pm  Reply with quote

Well apparently they combined half of Season two with season one to make a whole season. Said season is now over, anyone looking forward to the next season? Yeah me either. lol As bad as I complained and disliked the series, I constantly thought it was going to get better. Everyone kept saying it would but, in my opinion, it never did. It seemed more like the longer it went the more they went against their own mythology.

Thelma's character is the biggest mystery to me. What can and can't she do? One episode she has to run across the school yard to give Ella her magical stick and then in one episode Ella is in the school hallway and all of a sudden Thelma appears on top of the locker. So, can she or can't she teleport? What about when she touches things? People say it "enters her field and becomes invisible too" but what about big things? Like when she sits on a couch or leans against a door? Will people walk into the door because they can't see it? lol

To me, if the show was just a little less boring I would put it in the same league as Smallville, only watchable to make fun of. lol Eh I complain now but I'll prob. watch the "next season" in Summer of 2007 just so I can finish it. I hate when I only have a few episodes left of a series and then I stop watching, I think I have an OCD. lol
shadogrrrl
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:42 am  Reply with quote

I will be watching the next "season" next year. I need closure. I hate I gotta wait a whole year.
lostphrack
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:05 am  Reply with quote

JonDiamond wrote:
Thelma's character is the biggest mystery to me. What can and can't she do? One episode she has to run across the school yard to give Ella her magical stick and then in one episode Ella is in the school hallway and all of a sudden Thelma appears on top of the locker. So, can she or can't she teleport? What about when she touches things? People say it "enters her field and becomes invisible too" but what about big things? Like when she sits on a couch or leans against a door? Will people walk into the door because they can't see it? lol

I just want to know who she was on the phone with. She's a ghost, who the hell's she calling for advice? Shocked

I can see why people don't like the series though, it's pretty uneven. There were episodes that left me fighting to stay awake, while others had me on the edge of my seat wanting to know what was going to happen next. The vanishing subplots and characters don't help it much either.

The fact that they're making us wait a whole year for the second season pisses me off though. It's done already, just take a few months off and then air it, but a year? Gah. Between this and the Bad Girls debacle I don't know what the hell they're thinking...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
shadogrrrl
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:16 pm  Reply with quote

I thought Thelma on the phone was funny. I just figured that was a cool way to talk to the spirit world, if not a cheap way. I mean they didn't have to put money into special effects for just a short scene.
lostphrack
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:21 am  Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I loved the scene, it was definately hilarious.. just the image of her hiding in a toliet and calling someone, then remembering that she's still dead.. nice "WTF?" value.

Anyone hear anything about a US DVD release for this series or...?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:14 pm  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:
I just couldn't finish the season. Seriously. I had one more episode to go and it was too grueling to sit through. It's like fucking "Felicity" with powers. I couldn't take it anymore. Not my type of show.

I gave up around the third or fourth episode and I'm pretty easygoing when it comes to hanging in there when watching series debuts and their consecutive episodes just to see where it goes. But Hexx is simply brutal to watch. It feels more like it should be titled "High School Dating Minutae With Perfunctory Supernatural Story Elements". Someone posted the comment that SKY in Britain couldn't get the rights to air Buffy The Vampire Slayer so they decided to create their own supernatural series with a female lead. It's like they said, "Hey, Buffy had an epic love story with Angel...but we can't say the guy in our series is a vampire...how about we have our heroine meet and fall in love with...um....uh...ah! I've got it! A fallen angel!"
Mistress
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:35 pm  Reply with quote

shadogrrrl wrote:
I thought Thelma on the phone was funny. I just figured that was a cool way to talk to the spirit world, if not a cheap way. I mean they didn't have to put money into special effects for just a short scene.

I believe she was calling a radio talk show or a crisis help line for Cassie's sake. it's quickly discussed in the following episode.
shadogrrrl
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:42 pm  Reply with quote

oh, well, I still thought it was funny.
birdie
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:20 am  Reply with quote

Did you guys just see the first season - Six episodes?

***MILD SPOILER WARNING*****

Season 2 is hilariously bad. They get rid of half the main characters from the first season and bring in this chick who is supposed to be this badass monster-hunter, but is actually the most inept, pathetic attempt at a buffy-type character ever seen on screen. She's so bad, she's good, as the old saying goes.

It's stretched out to thirteen episodes, with about three episodes plot, so lots of pointless meandering like in season one. It should be seen, though, as all those characters that bugged you from S1 get killed in the first couple of epis, and the rest is so stupid it really quite entertaining.

It also has the honor of the single worst, most disappointing and uttertley limp season finale ever put to film. Enjoy.
Mistress
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:09 pm  Reply with quote

I have missed the last 3 episodes cos Comcast doesn't have them on demand anymore and I just can't stay up late enough to watch it on Thursday nights.

since I watch mostly movies or educational stuff on Discovery and History, I love this kind of mindless fluff once in a while.