Orphanage Director is NOT Directing Eclipse

default-featured-image

Juan Antonio Bayona NOT directing Eclipse!Well, I guess the lesson here, kids, is that it pays to check your facts!

It was reported today over at the LA Times that Summit Entertainment’s production president Erik Feig has stated that the previous reports that Orphanage director Juan Antonio Bayona has been signed to helm the third film in the Twilight series, Eclipse, are in fact NOT correct.

Feig told the LA Times, “The Eclipse directing job hasn’t been offered to Juan Antonio or anyone else. We’ve met with three or four talented filmmakers and we’ll be meeting with three or four more other candidates before we make any decision. No one has been offered the job.”

So I guess that puts the proverbial nail in that coffin. Personally, I think Bayona would have been a great choice based on his brilliant direction of The Orphanage, which was near the top of my list of favorite films of 2007.

When an official director is chosen (and confirmed), we’ll make sure to keep all you Edward Cullen fans out there informed!

Heather Wixson

“>CHECK OUT DREAD CENTRAL’S NEW POSTER STORE!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Hate the trades in the Dread Central forums!

Image Type 1:

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized